Winegard Pinnacle

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

stecle

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 17, 2010
Between the North and South Pole
I have an opportunity to buy a 10 foot Winegard Pinnacle. I have installed many dishes in my day but never one of these. This dish is a perf, with a J-hook and is built like a tank. The structural integrity is night and day compared to a Unimesh.

Here is my dilemma. The guy wants $100 for the Pinnacle. I already have a 10 foot mesh which is in nice shape and giving me a good signal. I know the Pinnacle will hold up better in the long run, but will I see increased signal levels on C and Ku?

I appreciate all feedback.

All things considered,a C note for a Pinnacle isn't really out of line.As long as it isn't all beat up.
Mine works quite well even tho I never finished "peeking" it when I put it up 6? years ago.

I sold TWO of them the beginning of this year for $100 and still made a good profit. Even so, I think a single one is worth that price, provided everything is there. There was a scanned manual for them uploaded here, and I believe it's still available.

Reactions: KE4EST and Titanium
I had one for years (it was my first dish, which I bought used) but sold it three of four years ago for $50, and the only takers were two guys that intended to use it for a gazebo roof. They are well-constructed but mine had a square pole and I found it difficult to aim, plus some damn fool had welded the center support for the buttonhook in place at the wrong distance from the center of the dish, so when I found a decent replacement I decided to sell it. If I'd known then what I know now, which is how useful multiple dishes are when you are running TVHeadEnd, I would never have sold it but on the other hand they are about my last choice in a dish due to the difficulty of aiming with that square pole setup. If the one that you are looking at has a round pole I'd say it's probably worth $50, but not $100. If it has a square pole, IMHO you are doing them a favor to haul it away. And if it does have a square pole, you had better figure out how to get it out of the ground and take it, because odds are you will never find another like it and you can't easily substitute a round pole unless you want to change out the dish mounting system. The one good thing about it is I never saw any rust on the dish.

I guess it depends on where you put the most value - if you want a dish that's built like a tank then the Winegards are probably a good choice. But if you don't want to spend hours trying to get it to track the arc accurately, and it has that square pole setup, I'd avoid it. But, that's just me.

Curious, what problems did you experience with the Pinnacle square post mount. Having installed and serviced hundreds of dishes with square tube post mounts, I have never had any problems setting and securing the azimuth angle.

Reactions: KE4EST
I have one. has an H-H motor on it. I got mine for free. lady was happy just to get it out of her yard.

I'm sure you can get it for less than $100. Is there any rust on any of the bolts?

Status
Please reply by conversation.