Winegard RV Satellite dish question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MisterJim

Original poster
Nov 3, 2008
NE Ohio
I just purchased a used motorhome with a crankup Winegard satellite dish on the roof. The previous owner used it with a DirectTV receiver. Can I use my Dish VIP211 receiver with this antenna? Am I correct in assuming the antenna will receive either Dish or DirecTV depending on the proper receiver and aimed at the proper satellite. I believe I should try to aim it at the 119 satellite. I live in NE Ohio. Thanks for your help and I apologize for not being very savvy with all this technology!!

You should be able to point the dish at any 1 sat at a time you want, depending on the control unit for it. Depending what channel you want to watch, you may have to move the dish
The 211 can pick up and use the signal from any sat on the western arc (119/110/129) or the eastern arc (77/72/61.5) If you want HD channels try 129 or 72.7

Thanks very much TimberWolf; I will try to line it up with a satellite later today and I think I will use DishPointer.Com to help me get it pointed correctly!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)