Winegard Sk-3005 Slimline built in switch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

twoskinsoneman

Original poster
Jan 15, 2007
I'm installing the Winegard SK-3005 and would like to gets some clarification.
The instructions says it can support four recievers without a switch. So I am assuming it has a built in multiswitch.
Here is my main concern. I am installing this unit in such a way that I need to absolutely minimize the number of cables coming from it. Do I have to run all four coax? Can I run just one coax and use a multiswitch at the end of the run.
Here's a couple pics.
Thanks!
IMG_5982.jpg

IMG_5987.jpg

IMG_5985.jpg

You CAN'T put a switch on with only one coax.
Bottom line - how many receivers ARE you using & are any of them DVR's?
As long as you are NOT exceeding 4 tuners total, then there is no need for a switch, & you only need as many cables from the dish as you have tuners.
So, if you are only using a single tuner receiver, or only needing 1 tuner on a DVR, then 1 cable is all you need.

A SWM8 should work. You cannot change to a SWM ODU. The SK-3005 has a build in DVB receiver that uses signals from the standard ODU.

A SWM8 should work. You cannot change to a SWM ODU. The SK-3005 has a build in DVB receiver that uses signals from the standard ODU.

Uh, if the receiver WON'T work on an SWM, then please tell me how it CAN work on an SWM switch??? :confused:
And, if the other post suggests ONLY using the "legacy" ports on the SWM, what exactly IS the benefit??? :confused:

Of course, it would SURE help if the OP would answer some of these questions, namely how many & what type of receivers he's planning on using... :rolleyes:

The Winegard SK-3005 has a built-in DVB receiver that it uses to Identify the Satellites. This receiver is connected to the ODU before the four user outputs. It needs a standard 950 Mhz to 1450 Mhz input so it would not be compatible with the SWM ODU. The SWM8 would be connected to the four user outputs and convert them to either SWM signals or Legacy signals. I agree that this application needs to use the SWM output on the SWM8 if they plan to minimize the cable runs. A list of the receivers that are being installed would be helpful.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)