This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Winegard Square Shooter OTA Antenna

I've installed hundreds of OTA antennas over the past 35 years. My favorite is the Winegard HD7210 Ghostkiller. It's available at Solid Signal | DIRECTV® Systems, HDTV Antennas, DISH Network, satellite equipment and home entertainment supplies & accessories

I am in the Greenville Spartanburg, South Carolina area. I get four sets of PBS HD and all of the networks. Analog is crystal clear and better than cable or satellite, of which I install both Dish and DirecT.

My favorite amp is the Channel Master Model 3041 DSB amplifer, which can be had for under $30 delivered on eBay.

The nice thing about the Ghostkiller is that it has only 3 inches of vertical height. A standard satellite "J" pole makes an ideal mount. Unlike some uhf only yagi's the Ghostkiller is mechanically balanced and puts very strain on the mounting pole.

Attachments

• ghostkiller.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 203
Is this you too?

http://www.satelliteguys.us/hd-over-air-ota/106674-need-help-choosing-ota-antenna.html

I just saw these pics. We want to install ours in our attic as well. Can you tell me where you got that mount and mast your are using? It looks like a longer version of the dish mount.

Antennas Direct provided the longer "dish mount" with my LaCrosseA antenna.

I don't know if they come with the Antenna Charles has but it looks the same as the one I got.

Longer than the usual 20 inches are available on Ebay. See:
32" Long Satellite or Antenna mast $ SALE $ PRICE CUT $ - (eBay item 280127752337 end time Sep-20-07 14:44:44 PDT)

Actually, digital TV reception IS a science...and a technical skill. It's the result, that is art.

Methods of alignment:

OTA Alignment

Last edited: