Wing Dish for 61.5

Dedicate HD Dish

We are currently living in our RV, and move frequently (once every 3 or 4 days) and have constant troubles with our HD programming. We have a dish 1000.2 dish and a VIP 211 receiver. We frequently (hell, mostly) do not get 129 when we tune the antenna. 110, 119, with only medium effort. The antenna will see 129 but their is no signal strength. We are considering a 2nd satellite dedicated to 61.5. Will this work out west (CA, Oregon, Wash)? Will a dish 500 work as the 2nd antenna? We can get a couple of single lbn dish tv antenna if necessary. Also, is the fact that we are using only a single receiver part of the problem?
Thanks
Bill

Last edited:

will work out west if you're on top of a mountain with no trees! elevation is somewhere around 15 degrees.

There's always Directv, till DISH replaces that hunk-of-junk 129...March, April 2009???

I guess my problem with all these how-to's is I don't fully understand what a switch is, which lnb I have for the wing dish, and which ones will work. I have the lnb that came when I signed up for dish, its a Dish 500 dish and the lnb can pick up 110/119, with outputs for 4 tv's. The lnb I have for HD picks up 110/119/129, and does have an lnb in port labeled on port 4. Some have said the dish 500 lnb will work, while others have said it wont. I don't want to spend money doing this, and would much rather use my own equipment. I have a fair amount of experience setting up and aiming for 110/119/129 as I have moved myself every time I move, and have re-aimed my stuff a bunch when it was setup out near the street (everyone thought it was funny to mess with my dish)

I am having horrible audio problems on some of my hd programming, and someone mentioned that it was a problem with 129, so that gives me another reason to pull in 61.5.

Buy a Dishpro dual or single LNB for about $13. Put it on your Dish 500. Aim to 61.5. Connect the line from it to the fourth port on your other dish. Done. It will work for sure.

HD difficulties

We have constant problems getting an HD signal from our Dish 1000.2 antenna. We get 110 and 119 with only moderate effort but 129 eludes us. We know the tuner (a VIP 211) works and the cables obviously pick up signals. We do detect 129 as it shows up in the satellite info screen and the check screen. We are hoping that by adding a 2nd dish, and pointing it directly at 129 or 61.5, and routing it through port 4 of the 1000.2 that this will give us an HD signal. Do we need to cover the 129 LBN on the 1000.2? Also, is it because we are using only one receiver that our 129 signal is non existent.
Thanks
Bill

Bill

61.5 Satellite Out West

I guess one more question is in order. Can we get a signal from 61.5 on the west coast?
Thanks in Advance
Bill

Buy a Dishpro dual or single LNB for about $13. Put it on your Dish 500. Aim to 61.5. Connect the line from it to the fourth port on your other dish. Done. It will work for sure.

Cool, I can handle that, where would I get one of those lnb's at that price from?

Wressler...

See post #22. And in the west a separate dish...24" or larger at the 129 is better than a part of a 1000.2 or a 500+ or 1000+. Experience!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)