Wings game on Fox Sports Detroit in HD...

GNASH

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
Between Kalamazoo & GR. MI
Hi all,

I just called tech support to find out why the Wings-Coyotes game on Fox Sports Detroit is not in HD and they are trying to tell me FSD is NOT broadcasting it in HD.

Just wondering if anyone else thinks this is Dish or FSD???

Thanks,
Geoff

I was just told by a CSR that the league decided to blackout only the HD channel here in the Detroit area. I don't know if that's just for Dish network or for all broadcasters. She told me the league can decided to blackout a telecast for any reason, and at the last minute. I told her Dish is going to have a LOT of ticked off customers, and she agreed but said nothing can be done.

This is total BS!!!!!!!

What I'd like to know, is D* and the other cable companies in the area affected by the same issue, or is it just Dish?

An NHL hockey playoff game inot n HD... this is totally ridiculous!!! :mad:

And for the record, GNASH, the CSR who said that to you is clueless... FSD broadcasts in HD 24/7 now... we just don't get it except for certain games.

GNASH, I wouldn't be surprised if the issue is Dish itself. I would almost bet they decided at the last minute to remove the HD broadcast because they didn't have enough room on their satellites to broadcast it. I mean, think about it... if the league was responsible, wouldn't they block the entire telecast, including SD? :mad:

MattG, you seem to think the same thing... gee, thanks Dish for doing that at the last minute. Wouldn't Dish have known how much HD they would need to use on a given night and schedule it accordingly? It's game 4, not an additionally needed playoff game!! Dish knew in advance they would need bandwidth for it!

Thanks, Dish... thanks a lot! Another jab at us sports fans.... :mad:

Last edited:
Doppelbok67 said:
GNASH, I wouldn't be surprised if the issue is Dish itself. I would almost bet they decided at the last minute to remove the HD broadcast because they didn't have enough room on their satellites to broadcast it. I mean, think about it... if the league was responsible, wouldn't they block the entire telecast, including SD? :mad:

That is my assumption also. I don't believe that Fox Sports or the NHL would block just the HD broadcast of a potentially series clenching game.

Fortunately, it is in HD on channel 441, I just prefer to have "real" announcers. I despise Versus' announcers.

Geoff

GNASH said:
That is my assumption also. I don't believe that Fox Sports or the NHL would block just the HD broadcast of a potentially series clenching game.

Fortunately, it is in HD on channel 441, I just prefer to have "real" announcers. I despise Versus' announcers.

Geoff

Just checked and FSD now has it in HD. Interesting. The "Blackout" must have been lifted.

Geoff

It wasn't a blackout. I couldn't watch it either on Fox Sports Detroit HD until about 5 minutes left in the first period. Dish didn't turn the HD feed on because whatever game was using that space in the early time slot wasn't over yet. It happened to almost every Tigers game this week too because they were on the west coast. Whenever they are the 10:00 or 10:30 instead of 7:00 game you can expect the HD feed to not be available at the beginning of the game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)