Wings paint Hockeytown red

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
Mitch Albom - Detroit Free Press

One last bullet came flying at Chris Osgood. It had kill all over it. He stopped it with his glove, pushed it away with his stick, and as the blue light swirled to mark the end of the game, he was flat on the ice. But not for long. The Red Wings were coming home. The Stanley Cup was coming with them. As they say in fairy tales, "All's Well That Ends Red."

Well, in Detroit fairy tales.

Got it. After six games. After six years. The Red Wings, knocked down in a gutting triple-overtime loss two days earlier, shook loose every demon that might have followed them to Pittsburgh and played the game they had to play on the night they had to play it, a humid night when the ice was tough and bodies were being knocked over like bowling pins. They flew high and they clamped down. They took a lead, and this time they held off the furious charge and a last-minute goal, they kept their heartbeat when everyone back home was losing theirs, fighting six skaters to their five, diving, blocking, using every last breath, enduring a final shot by Sidney Crosby that Osgood stopped with his glove, and pushed just far enough away to avoid a last-instant miracle by a charging Marian Hossa.

"We always have to make it interesting," Osgood would tell the TV cameras.

Interesting? That ending would have killed most mortal men. But here, in enemy territory, the Wings used the courage and the pounding heart that got them this far, and in their 104th game of the season, they took it over the mountaintop.

All's well that ends red.

Full Story

I cannot believe I forgot to get a Free Press and News today ....

I always do when a big event takes place and save them.....

What a DA :mad:

Jimbo

riffjim,
Thanks for posting the Free Press article, I use to read Mitch's sports columns on a daily basis, but now I have gotten away from it, He's a great writer, I really like his work.
For some reason when I get the D papers now, I get the News instead, unless I know Mitch has something i need to read.

Jimbo

I love Mitch...great sports writer from all perspectives, especially the discusses the passion of the games; he is one of the few sports writers who can bring you to tears without making you feel all girly inside.:rolleyes:

I love Mitch...great sports writer from all perspectives, especially the discusses the passion of the games; he is one of the few sports writers who can bring you to tears without making you feel all girly inside.:rolleyes:

I started reading Mitch back as far as I can remember, ..... how long has he been with the Freep now ?

edit: Well, I thought I'd been reading him for quite awhile now, he's been a sports writer and Journalist for 23 years now.

Jimbo

Last edited: