WinTV won't capture

upsidedown

Original poster
May 1, 2008
I purchased a Hauppauge WinTV_HVR-1600 tuner capture card from Dell to record TV etc. I have DishNetwork satellite and internet satellite from WildBlue. The DVR receiver is 4 rooms away and downstairs so I ran the coax from the TV in my computer room to my pc. I can receive all the channels we have on Dish but all the channels are in black and white and there's no audio. I have worked with Hauppauge and they assured me the tuner card would work but couldn't come up with any solutions. DishNetwork told me hauppauge and Dell needed to program the software to scan for air signals and not cable. Dell wouldn't help at all just telling me to call the software manufacturer.

Please help me make this card work. I paid almost $180 for this and need to know if it will work before the time limit is up for a return. Thank you. I have Vista.

I forgot to say, I changed the settings on Dish from air to cable but it didn't bring color nor audio to the channels received on my pc. What it did do was knock out everything on the other TV's connected to the DVR receiver.

The tuner is on channel 73 the same as the DVR. At Dishnetworks request, we tried channel 60 but with no change. Thanks for replying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts