Wired Genie DVR won't connect to Android Directv App

gretschdrum

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 4, 2007
Hey Gang,

Has anyone found anything that will allow my Android (Samsung Galaxy S7) using the Diretv app to connect to my wired, Directv Genie DVR? The DVR is connected via ethernet cable directly to my ATT Fiber Internet router. The DVR is showing that it is successfully connected to the internet with super high speed. All of the On Demand movies, etc are available as well.

Every time I try to connect (even using the DVR's IP address) the app says it can't find my DVR. That being said the app WILL stream live tv and the app remote can control the DVR. Also, my laptop, which is wireless, can see the Directv DVR.

FYI, I've signed in and out of the app, newly downloaded and installed the app, and rebooted the DVR.

After many searches it seems that there's an issue with wired devices not technically being on the same network even though it's plugged directly to the router. If there's a way to configure the devices where the wired can see the wireless and vice-versa? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Phil

First, under the "Settings ----> Genie Info." menu of the Genie, when you scroll down do you eventually see a catagory for "Mobile DVR" listed. And is the Samsung G7 showing as a registered client under that category?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

First, under the "Settings ----> Genie Info." menu of the Genie, when you scroll down do you eventually see a catagory for "Mobile DVR" listed. And is the Samsung G7 showing as a registered client under that category?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Hi and thanks for replying.

No, my Galaxy S7 is not showing up. Just tried to reconnect again with no luck.

Also, this is a recent install...as in yesterday. Everything about the install is working perfectly except this app feature.

Here are the 3 things that show up under the category 'Mobile DVR':

Device - Internal
Service - Connecting to Server
Sync-n-go pre-prepare - disabled

Any thoughts or solutions?

Phil

If it is a recent genie install you need to wait 24-48 hours for the mobile dvr plug ins to download and load

Ah! Thanks for that information. I'm 24 hours in and will report back in a couple days with results.

Sometimes trying to get ahead of the game isn't all it's cracked up to be... :)

Phil

If it is a recent genie install you need to wait 24-48 hours for the mobile dvr plug ins to download and load

Reporting back three days after new Directv install. Unfortunately I'm in the same place. I can't connect via the app and the DVR is still showing the same 'Mobile DVR' messages that I posted on Saturday.

Also, I don't see anywhere in the app playlist where I can 'run an additional mobile dvr setup'.

Any thoughts on the next step to get the app connected?

Phil

Any other suggestions?

I'm pretty much stumped. Everything else about the service is working perfectly including the other aspects of the app. It's just registering the phone that still won't work.

Rebooted recently?

Yes, I've rebooted the phone, modem, and DVR.

Nothing has changed since rebooting. Every other aspect of the app works fine. I can stream live on my phone. I can use the remote. I can schedule things on the app to be recorded. However it will not connect to the DVR and allow me to watch the programs I've recorded.

Yes, I've rebooted the phone, modem, and DVR.

Nothing has changed since rebooting. Every other aspect of the app works fine. I can stream live on my phone. I can use the remote. I can schedule things on the app to be recorded. However it will not connect to the DVR and allow me to watch the programs I've recorded.
I know it is going to be a chore. But may want to call tech support to make sure it is enabled on your account. There is a programming line for it
Mobile DVR Service
$0.00

I know it is going to be a chore. But may want to call tech support to make sure it is enabled on your account. There is a programming line for it
Mobile DVR Service
$0.00

Update: Nothing has changed but there has been more tech support involved including a in-person tech. A DTV tech was at the house yesterday to fix a grounding issue and he was also unable to get the app working. He downloaded new DVR software, spoke with Mobile DVR tech, and still couldn't get it going. Seems like this may be an issue that stays broken until further updates and solutions are created by DTV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)