Wireless 4K Joey

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
No word has been heard about it. I think it highly doubtful since there is little to no regular 4K programming to watch. Would be a waste of money on Dish's part to produce a limited demand product.
Using that line of reasoning one could ask why they spent the money on the wired 4K Joey, or for that matter adding 4K to the Hopper 3... ;)

Using that line of reasoning one could ask why they spent the money on the wired 4K Joey, or for that matter adding 4K to the Hopper 3... ;)

Fair point, but then again, how many homes currently would need BOTH 4K at more than the primary viewing location (where H3 would be) AND require a Wireless Joey at those add'l locations? Seems like that would be a relatively tiny number at present.

4K Joeys have been out for, what, a year and a half?? I've installed 3 and none were on 4K TV's.....

That’s what my installer said when I got my 4K Joeys. It’s the first one he installed. I’m not sure why they aren’t any more popular.. they are much faster than Joey 2’s. It’s probably because they don’t come by default and cost extra.

And I don’t have a 4K TV either. They are going to have to rip my Samsung plasma tv out of my hands before I give it up. I think plasma’s have the best picture. It’s a shame they don’t make them anymore.

I think my two 4KJs are faster than my two WJs. I got the 4K Joeys for the speed. And my 4KJs do not have 4K TVs yet. Don't have a Joey 2 to compare. I would think the next step for DISH is to come out with a wireless 4K Joey.

I’m not sure why they aren’t any more popular.. they are much faster than Joey 2’s. It’s probably because they don’t come by default and cost extra.

That, and the average person signing up for Dish would have no idea (or, to be honest, care) that it's faster than the regular Joeys. The average person is going say "No" when asked if they need 4K, and that will be the end of it. Heck, a large percentage would probably still ask, "What is 4K?" Us SatGuys are generally not the average Dish subscriber. :D

I'm looking to finally upgrade to H3 with 4 Joeys. When I last asked Dish, upgrade would be free for me. I'll assume I'd get Joeys 2's? Should I ask about getting 4K ones instead?

I'm looking to finally upgrade to H3 with 4 Joeys. When I last asked Dish, upgrade would be free for me. I'll assume I'd get Joeys 2's? Should I ask about getting 4K ones instead?

You would get Joey 2 with an H3 install. They are usable, if not speed-demons. If slow hardware bothers you, you might consider 4K Joeys at higher-use Joey locations. I think there is still an upcharge for them though. I know it was $50 per 4K Joey for a while, not sure if that is still the case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts