Wireless Cable TV (MMDS)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Pizza1938

Original poster
Apr 4, 2010
South Texas
I have visited many sites but can't find discussions on wireless cable. I live on the Mexican border in Texas and had been watching the transmissions from a tower about a mile away (in Mexico) with a AFN antenna and downconverter. But they recently switched from analog to digital. The QAM tuner in my tv will only bring in 3 or 4 of the 31 channels. The signal is unencrypted. Is there any cable box that I can use. MMDS cable boxes are hard to find. Any info will be appreciated.

Pizza1938 said:
I have visited many sites but can't find discussions on wireless cable. I live on the Mexican border in Texas and had been watching the transmissions from a tower about a mile away (in Mexico) with a AFN antenna and downconverter. But they recently switched from analog to digital. The QAM tuner in my tv will only bring in 3 or 4 of the 31 channels. The signal is unencrypted. Is there any cable box that I can use. MMDS cable boxes are hard to find. Any info will be appreciated.

I would get a PC Qam tuner and run TSreader and see what's going on. MMDS is died in the states very few companies left I can think of only 3 OH IN OK.

If those companies who had a license and let it lapse are kicking them selfs now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts