Wireless Cable TV (MMDS)

Pizza1938

Original poster
Apr 4, 2010
South Texas
I have visited many sites but can't find discussions on wireless cable. I live on the Mexican border in Texas and had been watching the transmissions from a tower about a mile away (in Mexico) with a AFN antenna and downconverter. But they recently switched from analog to digital. The QAM tuner in my tv will only bring in 3 or 4 of the 31 channels. The signal is unencrypted. Is there any cable box that I can use. MMDS cable boxes are hard to find. Any info will be appreciated.

Pizza1938 said:
I have visited many sites but can't find discussions on wireless cable. I live on the Mexican border in Texas and had been watching the transmissions from a tower about a mile away (in Mexico) with a AFN antenna and downconverter. But they recently switched from analog to digital. The QAM tuner in my tv will only bring in 3 or 4 of the 31 channels. The signal is unencrypted. Is there any cable box that I can use. MMDS cable boxes are hard to find. Any info will be appreciated.

I would get a PC Qam tuner and run TSreader and see what's going on. MMDS is died in the states very few companies left I can think of only 3 OH IN OK.

If those companies who had a license and let it lapse are kicking them selfs now.