Wireless CCK won't conect to Apple Time Capsule Router

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PATECO

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
I was unable to resolve this issue.

Airport Time Capsule Router was set to WPA2 personal security. CCK could see the network, and allowed us to enter the password correctly, but would not connect. My Windows Vista laptop and android phone connected with no issues to the same apple wireless router. I reurned to the site the next day with a second CCK, and it too would not connect. Then I added a Netgear Dual-band N router to his existing apple router. I used a different SSID but the same security type and password. Now the CCK connected without issue.

Does anyone know what could be causing this issue? I want to know since I am sure I will run into more Apple Airport routers in the future.

Thanks,
Chip

My CCK connected on the first try using WPA2 on a new Apple Airport Extreme router. I believe this is the same router as the time capsule uses except it does not have an integrated network HDD. It works great for all my wireless clients including a Roku box. Much better than my old Belkin N+ router. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense that it wouldn't connect to the CCK when you got other devices to connect with no problems. The only thing you might check is that the Apple Router is running the latest firmware. I know this is not much help, but at least you know it does work.

PATECO said:
I was unable to resolve this issue.

Airport Time Capsule Router was set to WPA2 personal security. CCK could see the network, and allowed us to enter the password correctly, but would not connect. My Windows Vista laptop and android phone connected with no issues to the same apple wireless router. I reurned to the site the next day with a second CCK, and it too would not connect. Then I added a Netgear Dual-band N router to his existing apple router. I used a different SSID but the same security type and password. Now the CCK connected without issue.

Does anyone know what could be causing this issue? I want to know since I am sure I will run into more Apple Airport routers in the future.

Thanks,
Chip

I had this issue last week. I ended up talking the guy in to letting me run a line through is false ceiling in the basement and go wired. No issue there but never could get the wifi to go.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts