Wireless Connection on DTV-Need Help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rugger

Original poster
Aug 10, 2008
Hi I need help. I do not have land line service, but I to have a wireless router with secured internet access. I want to hook up my direct tv boxes that have the ethernet access, but dont want to run cables. What is my best rouyte here to hook them up. Is there something wireless to connect to my internet or wireless router that is simple

If you sign onto your DirecTV account look in the kits and equipment section, they will sell you power line etherenet adapters, $24.99 each two needed, that use your inhome electrical wiring to allow the connection. Many folks have reported good luck with these and no hassels setting them up, just plug them in and go.

If you sign onto your DirecTV account look in the kits and equipment section, they will sell you power line etherenet adapters, $24.99 each two needed, that use your inhome electrical wiring to allow the connection. Many folks have reported good luck with these and no hassels setting them up, just plug them in and go.

This is the easiest way to go and probably the cheapest. :up

Do those electrical wiring connectors require being plugged directly into an outlet, or can they be feed through a UPS or Powerstrip/Surge Protector?

Do those electrical wiring connectors require being plugged directly into an outlet, or can they be feed through a UPS or Powerstrip/Surge Protector?

AFAIK, no UPS or power filter strips allowed, a power strip withoug surge protection etc should be OK.

Wireless Connection help

i have the same issue i want to connect my H23 to the internet for tvapps and i have a wap54g access point and my qwest dsl modem has wifi built in and i want to convert the wap54g so i can use it for my Directv receiver. i can't aford a router......

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)