Wireless DirecTV????

Status
Please reply by conversation.

vatiger

Original poster
Sep 1, 2006
Question for you gurus. I live in a condo and the only place I can mount a DirecTV dish is on my balcony. Unfortunately the direction I need to point the dish is directly through the building.

Is it possible to mount the dish across the courtyard on another person's balcony and then use an RF wireless transmitter to send the signal that passes through the LNB over to my condo in which my RF wireless receiver would be attached to the DirecTV receiver? I don't think it is possible but I thought I would ask.

I guess I could run 200 ft of coax from neighbor's balcony to my balcony but I don't think the HOA would approve of that.

No, the coax doesn't carry only RF, but also electricity to power the LNB on the dish itself.

Last edited:
I suppose one *could* put the receiver in their condo in a closet and use an A/V sender to get the TV signal to your TV. The PQ wouldn't be pristine but that's how I watch it in our smoking lounge, err garage.

Welcome to satelliteguys!

Digital Dude said:
I suppose one *could* put the receiver in their condo in a closet and use an A/V sender to get the TV signal to your TV. The PQ wouldn't be pristine but that's how I watch it in our smoking lounge, err garage.

Welcome to satelliteguys!
Hey Dude :)

I think he was refering to using the sender between the dish and the receiver, which I don't believe would be possible yet, maybe somewhere in the future.

Jimbo

Jimbos said:
Hey Dude :)

I think he was refering to using the sender between the dish and the receiver, which I don't believe would be possible yet, maybe somewhere in the future.

Jimbo

Right but since you can't power the lnb he could still watch the programming.;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)