Need advance info on upcoming install

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lenjack

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 10, 2005
:) I have a 10 year old 18 inch Sony dish with 2 outputs that works perfectly, feeding 3 receivers, a living room Sony receiver ( my primary system), a bedroom Sony receiver, and a 1 year old kitchen TV receiver (D10-300). The 2 Sony receivers are also 10 years old.

I'm getting a Sharp 32 inch LCD hd, widescreen TV this week to replace my treasured 27 inch Toshiba CRT in the living room, and I've just ordered an hd receiver from DTV (no charge:) ), to be installed on 9/22, along with a new dish...I assume an AT-9, and I assume the receiver is the H20. I also understand that the install is at no charge.

I have a new hdmi cable for the install. Do I need it or will the installer supply one at no charge? I seems the receiver and TV do not come with one. Is there anything else I need to be aware of for this install to get it right? I realize a lot depends on the skill & integrity of the installer.

Thanks in advance. Len

HDMI cables are very expensive and not supplied by D* unless you buy an HR-10 250. Unless the technician is feeling Christmasy I would have one on hand if you want one installed.

Dknow said:
HDMI cables are very expensive and not supplied by D* unless you buy an HR-10 250. Unless the technician is feeling Christmasy I would have one on hand if you want one installed.
And make sure if you decide to not use it, that it and any other cables that come with your receiver are still there when he leaves....
They are yours, not D*'s

Jimbo

Thanks...My cable is returnable, but 'll have it handy and have him use it if need be. The comment on watching for "disappearing" supplied accessories is well taken. I know what you mean.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts