Wireless HD MRV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tdenton1138

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 21, 2007
Tucson, AZ
I'm guessing that its asking too much for my WGA600n connected to my wrt54g to do HD...? Kinda of a bummer. Anyone have any wireless success with an n gaming adapter and an n router with HD MRV? Might be worth the router upgrade even though I just replaced my wrt54g with a new one... Guess I should have gone N in the first place but MRV was not live yet and it didn't occur to me.

HD MRV works great (mostly) over ethernet though.

Thanks.

I've used the WGA600N with a Netgear 802.11g router/access point and it worked, as long as I made sure that it had a good signal to allow for a fast connection. Basically had to move it around until I got a location where I wasn't seeing pausing while watching HD content.

Well it turns out that many HD broadcasts work fine. Glenn Beck in HD is no problem, an old college bball game in HD from earlier in the year on CBS works ok too. Its just an NBA playoff game on TNT that stutters to the point of being unable to watch... Maybe it has something to do with bitrate from the broadcaster? Though I would think D* would have a uniform compression. Don't really know. Maybe I'll try moving the router around to see if that helps.

Thanks for the help.

Imagin if you had wireless N on both sides you wouldnt have to worry about that. I know I dont :)

So did you get you're wireless n gear hooked up? I asked you a while back but I don't think you had done so yet. So from your post I'm guessing the wireless N solution has been good enough for HD.