Wireless Joey Bedroom 1

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Don_23805

Original poster
Oct 28, 2022
So Prince George, VA
I have 3 wireless joeys. On any one I press the DVR button and the title is always Wireless Joey Bedroom 1. None of them are even in a bedroom. I can rename the remotes, but CS says I can't change Bedroom 1 to something meaningful. True? Why would they even put in Bedroom 1 ?
TIA Don

I have 3 wireless joeys. On any one I press the DVR button and the title is always Wireless Joey Bedroom 1. None of them are even in a bedroom. I can rename the remotes, but CS says I can't change Bedroom 1 to something meaningful. True? Why would they even put in Bedroom 1 ?
TIA Don
Yes you can, this is because of LAZY technicians. I deal with this every single day. Hit Home three times and that takes you to the Diagnostics Screen.
Hit #4
Hit #5 to change the name.

This drives me crazy and as you demonstrate, it matters! But 99% of technicians never set the names right

I don’t have a wireless Joey but I assume the instructions should be similar to a Joey3.
To change name on a Joey3
1) Hit the Home key 3 times to get to the diagnostics page.
2) Select Whole Home from the list on the left.
3) Select Change Name
4) From the drop down list you have a whole bunch of choices.
Basement, Bathroom, Bedroom 1, Bedroom 2, Den, Dining Room, Exercise Room, Family Room, Game Room, Garage, Great Room, Guest Room, Home Bar, Home Theater, Kids Room 1, kids room 2, kids room 3, Kitchen, Living Room 1, living room 2, Master bedroom, Media room, Office, Patio, Sunroom, or you can Enter name.

Thanx to both of you. I actually bumped into this before I got the replies. Finding Whole Home was the trick.
Field support seems sorely lacking. The original installer (2 weeks ago) couldn't get one the WJs connected to the AP, then got advice that you couldn't connect more than two per AP. Yesterday's tech said that wasn't so and hooked all three to one AP. Range seems be VERY limited (unlike my old DTV system). Had to move the AP down the 2nd fl hallway (now with an ethernet cable in tow). That puts the AP directly over 2 of the WJs (which are within feet of each other). Tech tried to blame it on having brick walls. Is the equipment really that bad? Two of the WJs are fine, but the 3rd is still rebooting occasionally. Tech replaced that one yesterday.
Plus WJ remotes seem to be only IR so I have to keep them in sight.
Got Dish rather than DTV this time because of recent reviews. Not so sure anymore.
Don

Reactions: charlesrshell
Thanx to both of you. I actually bumped into this before I got the replies. Finding Whole Home was the trick.
Field support seems sorely lacking. The original installer (2 weeks ago) couldn't get one the WJs connected to the AP, then got advice that you couldn't connect more than two per AP. Yesterday's tech said that wasn't so and hooked all three to one AP. Range seems be VERY limited (unlike my old DTV system). Had to move the AP down the 2nd fl hallway (now with an ethernet cable in tow). That puts the AP directly over 2 of the WJs (which are within feet of each other). Tech tried to blame it on having brick walls. Is the equipment really that bad? Two of the WJs are fine, but the 3rd is still rebooting occasionally. Tech replaced that one yesterday.
Plus WJ remotes seem to be only IR so I have to keep them in sight.
Got Dish rather than DTV this time because of recent reviews. Not so sure anymore.
Don
You are correct about the range. DTV'sd Wireless range is far superior to Dish's. I've seen their AP Tower in a Basement and wireless receivers working fine on an upper floor of a big house. If you have accessible coax close to the Wireless Joeys, you can move the AP but you need a Hopper Internet Connector to do it.

Also, yes, 3 per Access Point but Dish has been advising two per lately. Not sure why

Reactions: charlesrshell