Wireless joey ?

bnewt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Shepherdsville, Ky
Presently have a 722 & 722k, but would like to swap them for a 2 hopper & 2 wireless joey setup

When are the wireless joey's available?
Will there have to be additional cabling run to switch out?
If I changed to 1 hopper & 1 super joey + 2 wireless joey's, would there have to be additional cabling?

Wireless Joey comes out sometime Q2 of this year.

You'll need another cable run from the dish for the two Hoppers or one Hopper + one Super Joey.

1 Hopper + 1 Super Joey is 5 tuners, $22/Mo in fees.

2 Hoppers is 6 tuners, $24/Mo in fees.

H + SJ will have 5 integrated tuners, ability to hook up a single OTA adapter.

2H will have 6 tuners, 3 per Hopper, twice the DVR storage, can hook up an OTA adapter on each Hopper. Hoppers can see and manage each others' recordings, but cannot manage each others' timers.

Joeys can manage any Hopper's timers/recordings.

I assume you have four TVs currently?

why would I have to add another line? If I already have a feed for the 722's (which are in separate rooms) & plan on connecting the joey's wirelessly
Yes, I have 4 TV's that are presently connected via the 722's home distribution setup

For two Hoppers, the Duo Node requires three lines from the dish. For the Hopper + Super Joey, Solo Node requires two lines and the Super Joey needs another.

If they stick the node at the dish, then you may not have to run an extra line run all the way. It depends on where your dish is and whether you want the node accessible for swapping connections or adding more equipment (and what the tech may prefer).

You might want to provide more information on what your issues are with adding more wiring and how everything is installed now.

I just don't want to drill more holes in the wall or floors........don't care about the foundation
the nodes can stay outside the house, so they shouldn't have to do anything inside the house. They can most likely reuse the existing RG6 lines as I assume you want the two hoppers in the same location as the current receivers.

Our node is mounted outside near the area where the two lines for each hopper penetrate the house. Then there are three lines from that node up to the Dish on the roof.

You can get an idea on the wiring here:

hopper joey wiring diagrams: http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/279755-Hopper-And-Joey-Wiring-Diagrams

Super Joey Wiring diagrams: http://www.satelliteguys.com/threads/332773-Super-Joey-wiring?p=3401293#post3401293

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)