Wireless Joey

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Lucky Chucky

Original poster
Nov 19, 2019
North, SC
I have a wireless Joey in an out building connected to my internet using MOCA. It has been connected to the hopper via the Ethernet and worked great. But now it is connected to the hopper via a weak wireless signal that will cut in and out. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to force it to use the Ethernet connection instead of the wireless??

I have a wireless Joey in an out building connected to my internet using MOCA. It has been connected to the hopper via the Ethernet and worked great. But now it is connected to the hopper via a weak wireless signal that will cut in and out. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to force it to use the Ethernet connection instead of the wireless??
You could try going into the Network settings and resetting the Network

Reactions: charlesrshell
I tried the reset with no luck.

as far as the Joey 3, if I comment it over MOCA connected to my router, will it work?

Yes, although you might also just connect the Hopper's MoCA connection directly to it and forego the converters. I would do this unless you want to hook up other equipment to your network in that outbuilding.