Wireless on 722 and other questions

Hikerdave

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Just signed up and had a 722 installed. I don't have a phone line or a hardwired internet connection near by. Is it possible to connect a USB wireless adapter to the 722 and have it work instead of the phone/hardwire internet connection? If so which should I buy?

I had Dish do the install, were they suppose to hook up an external antenna so I can get OTA HD channels?

I actually have 3 HD TVs that I want hooked up with DVRs. I had them set up a 722 on one and a 625 on another. The 625 is fine for now since it's in the bedroom and don't watch it very often. But I do want another HD DVR on my other TV for as cheep as I can go. I see a bunch of receivers on eBay, will Dish allow me to activate these, is there any thing I should look for or stay away from?

Thanks,
David

They will allow you to activate a purchased receiver, just make sure you check the S00 and r00 numbers before you buy to see if there is a balance on the receiver. I too have wondered how the 722 would do with wireless. DIU on a 722 through Dish is $199.

I have a linksys wireless adapter that works with USB 2.0 ports, and the 722 is USB 2.0. Anyone ever tried that to see if it would work? I would think not but who knows.

You can pick up a cheap homeplug adapter for about the same cost (or less) than a wireless bridge. The 722 has homeplug built in so you won't need any extra hardware on that side of things.

Looked at the Dlink games adaptor, was not aware they had a product to go from ethernet to wireless. That would be better for speed than USB. Will a USB to wireless product work then or not?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)