Wireless Phone Jack - two base units?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

finniganps

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 24, 2005
I recently moved and need a wireless phone jack for the 722. I also want to use it so I can use a phone in another room without a phone jack. I mistakinly bought the Phonex system which appears to only work with data (not an active phone line). It looks like I need to return the Phonex and buy either the RCA or Philips wireless phone jacks. My local retailer doesn't carry the extensions for the 2nd room. Can I just buy two of the base units (they come with one extension)? Are there better solutions for what I want to accomplish?

Yes you could, but another option is just to buy a cordless phone system that has an extra handset, and charging base. If your extra room is the room that the receiver is located in just use a two way splitter on the wireless extension.

Or try byting a RCA extension unit and use it with your Phonex.

Do you know that the RCA WILL work with the Phonex? Even if it did, the problem would be in finding it for a reasonable price. The extension on Amazon costs MORE than the base unit with one extension. I guess you can just buy two base units and only use the extension for the 2nd unit, but that seems wasteful.

If your just hookin it up to save money $5 then don't worry about it in the near future since Dish is doing away with the $5 discount for hooking up a phone line to the receiver.

Turned out the Phones really didn't work with a phone (static) and would ring while you were talking on another phone....so I'm going to return the extension and just buy an additional base unit with charger to hook up to my other phone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)