Wireless Satellite to another room??

panache70

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 17, 2010
Western Hemisphere
I am looking for a way to be able to view my Dish HD programming in a bedroom without any wiring.

Current situation:

Dish 211k + Hard Drive in family room
Not connected to the internet
Router in a different room and do not want to move it
Bedroom has no wiring

Can anyone assist me and advise me what I need to achieve this? I have heard of Slingbox but after spending some time on the website, I cannot figure out what equipment I need. I see it works great to sling to mobile phones and laptops, but I am simply looking to sling to another HD tv in a different room without wiring.

I do not want to change my current 211k receiver either, if possible.

If someone out there knows what Sling equipment I need, or if there are other solutions please post.

Thanks

You'll need multiple pieces of equipment to do what you want without wiring and in the end it's going to cost you a pretty penny. If you can deal with doing some wiring then you have a couple of options. So let's go over what you'll need for the no wiring solution:

1) Slingbox Pro HD (Sling Media - Slingbox PRO-HD) (approx $250)
2) Sling Catcher (Slingbox.com - SlingCatcher) (approx $200 - $300)
3) Pair of SlingLink units (total for a pair about $50)

Option 2)

Purchase a Wireless HD transmitter receiver/combo setup (no idea how reliable these things are but they aren't cheap). One from Amazon: Amazon.com: Brite-View BV-2500 Wireless HD Video Transmitter and Receiver Kits: Electronics

Wired solutions:

1) Run the necessary length of component cable from your 211 receiver to the bedroom TV
2) Purchase another 211 receiver and have it hooked up to your bedroom TV

To answer recent posts:

1- Yes it has to be HD
2- Since when do binoculars see through walls? :)
3- I know I could get dish to wire me up a 2nd receiver but given all the advancements with sling and wi-fi, I was hoping I could avoid drilling through walls to watch television in the bedroom.

Looks like we are not quite there yet... not in an afordable way, anyway.

Thanks for all your responses!

I have the briteview that was linked in an earlier post. Works great for me. However my two TV's aren't that far apart either. Its worth looking into though.