Wireless USB Adapter

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
You need to either hard wire with ethernet cable into the back of DVR or powerline it according to the instrucions on D* website.

Yes you can, any of them will work, but you have to use your computer to set them up, then attach them to the HR box.

DirecTV suggests the Linksys (Cisco) WGA600N and has the drivers installed on the HR firmware. You can read all about it here:

DIRECTV: Support : Services : On Demand

Now, if you are hoping to use these for MRV, you may be disappointed. They work great for DOD, but MRV is less than perfect. You are better off with a wired solution, maybe powerline adapters, or waiting for Deca.

Speaking of MRV, I just found out about this yesterday. I've also learned man has landed on the moon?

Regardless, neither of my receivers are hooked up to the internet. To get this working, after opting into the beta, do I simply use ethernet cords to connect my two receivers into my modem?

Yes you can, any of them will work, but you have to use your computer to set them up, then attach them to the HR box.

DirecTV suggests the Linksys (Cisco) WGA600N and has the drivers installed on the HR firmware. You can read all about it here:

DIRECTV: Support : Services : On Demand

Now, if you are hoping to use these for MRV, you may be disappointed. They work great for DOD, but MRV is less than perfect. You are better off with a wired solution, maybe powerline adapters, or waiting for Deca.

Those are not USB adapters, but have an ethernet connection to the DVR. Both the Linksys WGA600N and WET610N can be set up on the HR2x using the setup menu. Other models of wireless ethernet adapters can be used but will need to be setup using a computer unless both the adapter and router support wi-fi protected setup (WPS).

In many cases, the MRV experience with wireless or powerline will be disappointing.

No USB devices are supported. You need either a wireless gaming device or a wireless bridge. Someone posted some models numbers above. They are NOT USB devices however as, again, not supported.

These connect to the Ethernet port and then "wirelessly" connect to your wireless network. Same as a USB device but uses Ethernet instead (except for the bridge which allows more options).

Those are not USB adapters, but have an ethernet connection to the DVR. Both the Linksys WGA600N and WET610N can be set up on the HR2x using the setup menu. Other models of wireless ethernet adapters can be used but will need to be setup using a computer unless both the adapter and router support wi-fi protected setup (WPS).

In many cases, the MRV experience with wireless or powerline will be disappointing.

I realize those are ethernet adapters, I didn't read the usb part of his post, just assumed he was looking for any wireless solution...not enough coffee yet I guess...:rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)