Wireless VOD Connection

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

pete409

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
Not sure if this is the right place for this, but what is the easiest and cheapest way to get my HR20 wireless so I can watch VOD? My PC is too far away for me to run a cat5 all the way to the location.

Thanks,

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but what is the easiest and cheapest way to get my HR20 wireless so I can watch VOD? My PC is too far away for me to run a cat5 all the way to the location.

Thanks,

Probably the easiest way is to go the DirecTV web site, sign onto your account and then under 'My Setup' select the 'Add Kits & Equipment and order the powerline adapters, $24.99 each. The use your inhouse wiring to extend your network from a router to the HR2X.

You could also buy a bridge or "game adapter", which is a wifi adapter that will plug into the ethernet port. These are typically around $80.

Probably the easiest way is to go the DirecTV web site, sign onto your account and then under 'My Setup' select the 'Add Kits & Equipment and order the powerline adapters, $24.99 each. The use your inhouse wiring to extend your network from a router to the HR2X.

:up
Agree 100%. A wireless bridge is more expensive and a PITA to setup.

why is it too far away? I ran a cat 5 50ft to hook up my vod to hard wired motem

Status
Please reply by conversation.