Wires on DirecTV box

Status
Please reply by conversation.

GOSTATE820

Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
Ohio
I just recently bought a new TV stand that has the wire management system in the back... What this is, there is a tube that travels all the way down through the back of the stand so all of your wires can go into it instead of being visible. What I'm worried about is having RCA cables and HDMI cables going through there with electrical power cords in there as well (TV, XBOX, DVD player) Will this cause me any problems? With Interference or anything else.There is really no way to keep them separated they are all pretty much just jammed in there.

Thanks,

Last edited:
You should be fine thats what coating on the cable is for. Most cables actually have a shield built into the cable to block interference. I wouldn't worry about it at all.

I hate those things... My philosophy is that unless your TV is literally in the middle of the room with the back exposed... who cares? I mean heck, as long as you can't see the wires what's the big deal?

Personally I have done the whole zip tie everything neatly together thing but found it to be far more irritating to have to cut a bunch of ties off to run a new wire or move a dvd player than knowing behind the tv isn't a nice orderly group of tied up cables.

On a more serious note the new glass stands with everything open to world are nice and should not cause you any interference running the wires together... Just pray you don't have to change a cable later or you will get the fun of pulling all of you wires out of the nice oranization tube because of the nice fat ends they love to put on the wires.

The only interference I could imagine would be MAYBE a faulty shield effecting a standard coax from the box to the TV.... but if you are using a nice new glass tv stand where the organization actually matters with a 19" analog tv... a little grain probably isn't your primary concern. If you are using a coax connection on a flat panel tv on a nice new glass tv stand then picture quality loss from any unlikely interference with the coax is also not going to be the biggest reason your picture looks crappy.

So basically your answer is no, don't worry about it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts