Wiring Question

js6425

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
Milwaukee, WI
We have two wires coming inside from the dish. We just got a new 211, so can we split one of the two wires and have one go to the new box? I think our setup is only for four TVs (we have a 622, 322, and now a 211). Can this be done? Any advice would be appreciated!

Sorry if this is a dumb question--I've never done anything like this before!

NO! You CANNOT SPLIT in this fashion.

You have a 1000.2 as per your signature. You need to run another line from the third output on the 1000.2 LNB to the new receiver.

I strongly recommend you suck it up and pay for a service call to get your 211 installed correctly. Then you won't have to run some cheap cable you bought at walmart or menards from the dish to your receiver, that WILL effect signal strength.

And...you won't have to fall off the roof, or when you lose your balance while hooking that wire up to the dish, you won't have to grab the dish to catch yourself, and then move it out of alignment.:eek:

You can try it yourself, and maybe you'll do just fine.....good luck.

The only way with the 1000.2 is to hook up a new line to the 3rd output on the LNB.

It's not that hard to do it. If you cannot get on a ladder, use a screwdriver, twist a cable, or drill a hole though, do not attempt it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)