Wiring Questions...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Original poster
Aug 18, 2005
I am going to be mounting a invacom lnb. It has two outputs. (circular signal) I have not decided yet on Dish or Direct TV so this is just a general wiring question.

Can I run 3 recievers off a dual output lnb? If so how do I do this? Do I need a switch or something?

Or maybe a link that show wiring diagrams.

Thanks guys.

If you are planning on running a Dish network system, you will either need a switch or a DP+ seperator assuming you are running a DP+ LNBF. Best scenario would be to simply wire your house to a central control room and run 2 cables to your dish location...then decide if you plan on using a DP34 switch, DP44 swtich, or a DP+ seperator w/ a DP+ LNBF.

Ok so for now I'll just run the two cables from my dish like you said.

Thanks!

Im moving this over to the FTA fourm as those guys can help you more.. but remeber that there isnt much fta from dish as you can only get chnl 101, gol tv, nasa, and a few other channels legally. Also directv uses a diffrent standard so theres nothing FTA over there.

I’m confused…Why would you have an Invacom for Dish Network? They only get one satellite signal at a time

You must be referring to the QUAD Invacom LNBF that has 2 outputs for Linear Signals and 2 for Circular Signals, right?

For Dishnetwork: you will need a SW64 switch.

For DirecTV: any FTA/DirecTV approved 2x4, 3x4, 4x4, 4x8, 5x8 Multiswitch will work. In this case, I would recommend the 5x8 because with that switch, all ports from the LNBF plus an OTA antenna can be connected to the switch. Then you can hookup your 3x Directv receivers and up to additional 5 receivers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

General questions for newbie.......

Multi

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)