General questions for newbie.......

Status
Please reply by conversation.

satellite_girl

Original poster
Aug 29, 2005
Hello...

I have been working on my system for many many hours when I have time.

I have had varying degrees of success- some comical events and some heartbreaks but i will spare you those details.

I just have some general questions that can help along my education.

I have a fortec Lifetime Ultra receiver and a Fortec dish that is about 31 inch. My LNB i don't know much about, I purchased it off ebay and perhaps someone will know its strength from these numbers from the label on the box- "Part number ZKF-J21N
Universal Single LNB Freq:10.70-12.75 GHz L.O 9.75/10.60GHZ"

I have successfully locked on many satellites to check out the content... and move on...but

I have had no success in getting galary 10r fta channels. I am able to lock in on many of the trasponders (but never on transponder 1. I do a fta scan and get nothing....a scan for all.....i get hundreds of scrambled channels. My goal is really to get galaxy 10r FTA channels on transponder 1 and 5.

Currently I am locked on AMC 3 and getting about 13 channels. About 4 are some arabic programing...all the same content with different translations (fr, eng, urdu, ) and then several of the PBS channels, which i wanted BUT several of those don't have sound.

so i guess my questions are -

Any suggestions on why I can't get the galaxy 10r satellite to come in (i gather from other posts though that this sat is elusive for others)?

Any guesses on what strength my LNB is?

Why would the audio not be present on several PBS channels?

Also on feeds.....are those generally FTA or are they scrambled?

thanks for any help you can give!

satellite_girl said:
Any suggestions on why I can't get the galaxy 10r satellite to come in (i gather from other posts though that this sat is elusive for others)?
try to fine tune it. They are a bugger to get but shouldnt be that diffiicult. Try to tune in the transponder at 12114 (freq), V polarity 4444 (symbol rate)

Any guesses on what strength my LNB is?
either a .5 or .4

Why would the audio not be present on several PBS channels?
They are AC-3 audio. You need an audio receiver that can decode Dolby digital

Also on feeds.....are those generally FTA or are they scrambled?
mostly FTA..some are scrambled

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)