Wish you a very Dishmas

satjay

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 30, 2005
Michigan
The Christmas season can now begin! :), just saw wish you a Merry Dishmas on Dishs facebook page and I am certain the comments to follow on there Facebook page will be entertaining

In a year both Dish and cable would have both increased their price so it would be a moot point.

Are they showing the "We wish you a merry Dishmas" song on Dish Network again? Did they create that when they used to do the Charlie Chats?

I just watched the video and noticed Charlie was not at the end like he was on the old ones. Seems like an updated version with old parts still in it. I wonder how many of those employees are no longer with the company now?

In a year both Dish and cable would have both increased their price so it would be a moot point.

Are they showing the "We wish you a merry Dishmas" song on Dish Network again? Did they create that when they used to do the Charlie Chats?

I just watched the video and noticed Charlie was not at the end like he was on the old ones. Seems like an updated version with old parts still in it. I wonder how many of those employees are no longer with the company now?
I don't know about now, but they used to do it out of each call center. I want to say two years ago it was Phoenix call center and was a bunch of my friends.

Check back in a year...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Are you possibly referring to a promotional price special that is coming to the end of its year guarantee? If so, fear not, the savings I am reaping are not from any promotion. I am paying their normal price, I had Charter's Phone and Internet for my home and all I did is add their television leg of the triad, where I learned that FoxSports Detroit also offers a second RNS, called FoxSports Detroit Plus, which is NOT offered by DISH and BOTH RSN are in HD 24/7 365 and MANY other channels that are offered in HD that DISH does not. So I thank you for you concern, but you really need to Google SWITCHED DIGITAL SWITCHING.

Are you possibly referring to a promotional price special that is coming to the end of its year guarantee? If so, fear not, the savings I am reaping are not from any promotion. I am paying their normal price, I had Charter's Phone and Internet for my home and all I did is add their television leg of the triad, where I learned that FoxSports Detroit also offers a second RNS, called FoxSports Detroit Plus, which is NOT offered by DISH and BOTH RSN are in HD 24/7 365 and MANY other channels that are offered in HD that DISH does not. So I thank you for you concern, but you really need to Google SWITCHED DIGITAL SWITCHING.
So you're happy about getting the same channel twice? Detroit is just an overflow feed for when two games are on and you DO get it on Dish where there is a live game there.

Try again please.

Sorry Charlie I went OTA and then ended up with Charter for $48 less per month without the price increase.
I can go to Time Warner or Uverse and save money with their bundle, heck, they'll even let me go to the International Space Station and press all the buttons! But after a year or so, the rates will blow the roof off the house.

Dish / Directv are the two leaders in the "not as expensive" tv entertainment race.

Are you possibly referring to a promotional price special that is coming to the end of its year guarantee? If so, fear not, the savings I am reaping are not from any promotion. I am paying their normal price, I had Charter's Phone and Internet for my home and all I did is add their television leg of the triad, where I learned that FoxSports Detroit also offers a second RNS, called FoxSports Detroit Plus, which is NOT offered by DISH and BOTH RSN are in HD 24/7 365 and MANY other channels that are offered in HD that DISH does not.
Many?

It's a new version. This year, and whats surprising is that Charlie is not at the end with Jim, instead it's Charlies wife Cantey.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I can go to Time Warner or Uverse and save money with their bundle, heck, they'll even let me go to the International Space Station and press all the buttons! But after a year or so, the rates will blow the roof off the house.

Dish / Directv are the two leaders in the "not as expensive" tv entertainment race.

Many?
Yes, Many has in more you know like EVERY premium channel that is offered. Fo

Many?

Yes, MANY...24 more than I had with DISH and several are NOT even carried by DISH! With the advent of Switched Digital Video, cable companies no longer have to push every analog channel down the same wire and that leave them to only send the channel the receiver is tuned to. The picture quality is just as good as I had with my 922 and I do not lose my signal every time it drizzled. Basically, if there is a channel that is offered in HD, my cable company has it. Don't get me wrong I was happy with my DISH for 11 years, until they moved me to the Eastern Arc and I instantly began having problems with my signal levels and even with two tech visits, it could not get corrected. So I said bye to DISH and had no idea that my local cable company had stepped up so much with their programming and PQ. My friend dumped DIRECT and went to the cable and from his experience and my own eyes, I went with them as well. I am not saying EVERY cable company has stepped up their product, but mine has and I am more than happy with them. I am also ecstatic that I am saving $48 per month and soon to be another $5.

Reactions: dare2be
Reactions: TheKrell
I called claude and he switched me to Directv, we wish you a merry Dish mas and a happy new year.
So you're happy about getting the same channel twice? Detroit is just an overflow feed for when two games are on and you DO get it on Dish where there is a live game there.

Try again please.

Yea, when there is a live game. The same thing about having a standard definition version of your Local RSN feed and it switching to HD only when the game is on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)