With a Hopper 3, do I have to have a Joey for every TV??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Hmmmmmm, not crazy about SD on the HD TV'S.
Thanks for these last 2 posts. Always appreciate feedback.

Any idea if the Hopper with the Sling has an OUT coax? The Dish rep I spoke with said it did but he was in a rush for me to sign me up with a two year contract.

Either way, it would still be SD (for the other rooms). Wasn't that your objection to the modulator solution?

The Hopper 3 is much better than the Hopper 2s. The modulator is $15.
www.amazon.com/CIMPLE-CO-Composite-Converter-Modulator/dp/B06XC9Y3VB/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=tv+modulator&qid=1554845259&s=gateway&sr=8-3

Reactions: JSheridan
Hmmmmmm, not crazy about SD on the HD TV'S.
Thanks for these last 2 posts. Always appreciate feedback.

Any idea if the Hopper with the Sling has an OUT coax? The Dish rep I spoke with said it did but he was in a rush for me to sign me up with a two year contract.
No, there is no Coax out. That's a dying technology. The guy on the phone didn't know what he was talking about or he straight up lied to you

Still not crazy about only getting SD on the other TVs when I mirror from the Hopper. Currently with mirroring TV1 on the TVs I get HD and only SD when the mirror TV2.

When a Joey is used (again, can't afford to have Joey's throughout the house), is the quality HD on the TV it is connected to?

Still not crazy about only getting SD on the other TVs when I mirror from the Hopper. Currently with mirroring TV1 on the TVs I get HD and only SD when the mirror TV2.

When a Joey is used (again, can't afford to have Joey's throughout the house), is the quality HD on the TV it is connected to?
Yes, HD with Joeys....

Everything you mirror around the house on a coax is SD unless you have bought a very expensive modulator.

Way back when, I think it might have been a 721-722? used a powered hdmi 4 port splitter and a couple of good quality 50 foot and a 25 foot hdmi cables. Worked well, but the cables were a bitch to run. Was used for 1080 p if I remember correctly. Went hopper - joey after that and don't know where the hdmi splitter and cables went. Just checked Amazon, Good hdmi splitters and cables still available at fairly reasonable prices.

Thank you all for your feedback. Now I have more questions.

The main TV for the Hopper would be the living room. I'm currently thinking a Joey for the master bedroom. The fire stick is a great suggestion and with never using one, is it plugged into a HDMI or USB port of a television? That would be great for the downstairs guest bedroom when Mom comes for a visit.

I am comfortable with the remaining TVs all watching the same channel as it is rare for someone to use the 2 upstairs bedrooms, the TV in the loft is mainly for the grandkids video games, the kitchen TV would be playing whatever is in the living room since both rooms are open to each, the basement tv rarely is watched, and when I'm in my laundry/sewing room I normally would be watching whatever was on in the living room. I do have a Dish Sling so if I did want something for one person to watch, they could do so with an iPad or tablet but I guess that is not an option if someone is using the Fire Stick.....correct?

Back to the RF modulator that I would need to make one Joey work for the remaining TVs in the house that wouldn't have their own Joeys or a Fire Stick. I see numerous RF modulators out there from less than $10 to several hundred dollars. How do I know which to purchase?

Thanks.
The firestick goes into a hdmi port on your tv ( or av receiver)