Without a second TV, what can I do with my Joey???

Ghpr13 said:
When my wife's son moved out on Friday, he took his TV of course. Now the Joey that I had hooked up to that is just sitting there, not being used. Is that all I can do with it until we get a second TV?

Thanks,
Ghpr13:)

Expensive paper wieght?

Well I finally figured out what I wanted to do with that Joey that I had laying around. I bought a 55" Panasonic Viera Plasma TP-P55UT50! My buddy in Chicago needed a new TV cause his old LCD bit the dust. So he always calls me and ask me to "find" a TV for him. He's know very, very little about home entertainment equipment, so anytime he needs something, he has me find it for him. Anyway, after I found a Samsung for him, the salesman at Abt Electronics, where both him & I have bought pretty much all our equipment from, told him about the Panny. My buddy then called me and ask that I check out both TVs and get back to him.

So I went to Bestbuy and looked at both sets. That set my fire to burning for the Panny. Plus the Panny was on sale. Long story short, we decided to hit the Abt salesman with the fact that since both of us would be buying a TV and 3D Blu-ray player from him, how sweet of a deal would he give us? I had the fact that I referred my friend to him, and my friend had the fact that he would be getting the "White Glove" installation service. So we ended up getting a real nice price on everything, his quite a bit more cause of the "White Glove" installation.

Now my beloved 40" LCD Samsung is in our front room, keeping my wife happy and out of my TV room. She can watch all the trashy reality shows her little heart wants to. And of course the 55" Panny is in my TV room, giving harmony to our house hold! (At least for a few hours a day!):D

Funny part is before my friend got the Panny, I warned him that he may be happier with the Samsung I told him about in the first place, because he likes that "bright, PoP" picture, and I felt the Panny may be a little to subdue for his taste. Plus the room where he's putting it has a row of windows right across from the TV. After he got the Panny, he called me up the next day and said he was switching it out for the Samsung, only a 60" instead of the 55" and no 3D and no internet, at a higher cost! I ask him if he had Abt calibrate the Panny, cause it would probably look a lot better than, but he said no, he didn't, and now that he seen his entertainment center could fit a 60", he rather have the 60" LED! I told him that he should have listen to me when I told him that in the first place!

I love my new Panny. I calibrated it myself, using settings from AVS Forum. It looks fantastic. :D

....After he got the Panny, he called me up the next day and said he was switching it out for the Samsung, only a 60" instead of the 55" and no 3D and no internet, at a higher cost! I ask him if he had Abt calibrate the Panny, cause it would probably look a lot better than, but he said no, he didn't, and now that he seen his entertainment center could fit a 60", he rather have the 60" LED! I told him that he should have listen to me when I told him that in the first place!

I love my new Panny. I calibrated it myself, using settings from AVS Forum. It looks fantastic. :D

Why does this tune sound so familiar? To many of us? ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)