Status
Please reply by conversation.

turbosat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Oneonta,AL
http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/witness/

Click on "Green: Death of the Forests" for some background on this story, the producer prefers not to call it documentary. It comes up from time to time on Al Jazeera news channel on 97-tonight I sat through the last 20min of it. Focuses on the palm oil industry in Indonesia, the destruction of the orangutan's habitat, and it quite stark.
It is also available for free download with no copyright, a 30min film. I recommend it, for those like me who did not know what the palm oil industry is doing to meet the demand. There is no commentary or narration with this film, and there are some scenes of animal cruelty.

Can't watch online, too much buffering. Can't find a download link. Can't find a schedule to find a rebroadcast. ???????????????????????
But did find a whole lot of reading on the net about the palm oil industry.
Profits today - wasteland tomorrow.

Figures don't it? Looking at the schedule on AJ's site, it seems they switched to another Witness show "In My Mother's Arms" starting today. And I found the film's website, greenthefilm.com but it doesn't seem to have a d/l link after all. I'll look on amazon, they got everything. Like you, I couldn't bear to try a 47min film with this !@!poor dsl I have, either.

Found it. Tonight - Midnight local. (Central time) Setting record.
Code:
[TABLE="class: scheduleTable, width: 0"]
[TR="class: ScheduleRow2, bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]
[TD="class: ScheduleCol1"]06:00[/TD]
[TD="class: ScheduleCol2"]00:00[/TD]
[TD="class: indexSummaryText"][URL="http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/witness/"]Witness : Green: Death of The Forests[/URL]
A visual essay - told entirely without words -
 about deforestation in Indonesia as experienced 
by a dying orangutan whose habitat has been destroyed.[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: ScheduleRow1"]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: ScheduleCol1"][/TD]
[TD="class: ScheduleCol2"][/TD]
[TD="class: indexSummaryText"][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Wonder why I didn't see it earlier????????????????????????

EDIT: now looking on the onscreen EPG, it says News Live tonite @ 00:00
Double ????????????????????????

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)