WJAL In Hagerstown MD to Go Dark on 10/1/17

Sorry to see it go. It was one we could sometimes get at our RV.
Just curious, what type of programming did it show? Always sorry to hear a station go dark. Locally, we had an AM radio station go dark after more than 50 yrs on the air. WFLI AM Cleveland TN. It was an icon. We still have the CW affiliate WFLI licensed to Cleveland/Chattanooga TN transmitter on Signal Mtn TN.

The guide on Dish goes way past midnight. Their web page says nothing of shutting down.

Could that article be wrong? Or are they continuing, just shuck of their transmitter and associated bills?

Unless the channel sharing has begun?

I was wondering about channel sharing as well. Especially since Bounce and Justice will be leaving WUSA at the same time. But I am not sure.

As for the article being wrong I guess we will find out soon.

Next weekend, I will likely be at my trailer to see.

But I can check here in NOVA, too.

I have it via Comcast and OTA. Just after midnight and Comcast is displaying color bars.

Attachments

• WJAL.jpg
    WJAL.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 169
Still on Dish. Guide says some religious program, but in fact it's two Spanish speaking guys hawking a set of pots.

This morning I turned on the TV and saw it still on DISH. I also saw Bounce and justice listed as WUSA subchannels. I scanned and now I get WJAL on DISH and OTA and bounce and Justice are gone. I think that the the 68.1 I receive is really coming from WUSA and channel sharing started as close as possible to the shutoff of the old transmitter.

Now are they going to become a Unimas affiliate or will they stick with the low budget independent lineup they have had for quite a while.

I just did a rescan on my ChannelMaster DVR+ and 68-1 is coming thru just fine. Wish I spoke Spanish.

But I've lost channel 8.

I am sure we wil both learn to love LATV. I never heard of it before but it is here now.

seeing how I keep losing over the air channels, I guess it's finally time to sign up for an account over here. I'm in Berkeley Springs WV, and I'm sure the DirecTV guys thought I was crazy for keeping the antennas a couple years back now.

SO 30 days? And the website doesn't exist, I had to use the wayback machine to find out that they didn't announce anything there either. let alone I haven't seen the channel for at least 3 weeks.
meanwhile I lose something for free and gain something I have to pay for, assuming the cellular provider is one of the 2 that I currently have.

The heraldmail story is actually incorrect in a way. Unless you are one of the people who actually watched the station and never got the notification. they relinquished there transmitter and I understand are sharing on another channel I don't get.
this leaves me with WHAG-WDVM x4, MPT x4 sometimes, WVPTV x3 occasionally, WITF x2 in Pennsylvania! and ION x6 for now. I have 3 TV tuners one of which taps to DirecTV.

and now that I look at the guide I guess I can remove it from my titantv list as sadly I don't speak Spanish yet, si.
they used to have raising hope, the office, leverage, West Virginia news ( Traded to WHAG which wants to move to the DC market with the name change to WDVM ), Rules of Engagement, Community, Cops: Reloaded, some fill in religious programming, I believe Jerry Springer, web video / celebrity news show, basically a lot of canned content, I'm having trouble remembering what else they had.

I just discovered the "Wjaltv sixty eight" Facebook page, no notification there either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts