WKMG are idiots.

I have sent two more emails in the last few days very polite, asking for them to update their site with the facts, I have yet to get any response. G I wonder why.

yeah, don't expect a response from them.

BH should just offer WKMG as a ala-carte channel. If it's just "pennies" wouldn't everyone pay it? ;)

Well I got a response back but guess what. It was the exact same standard email I got the first time. Even emailing someone different. They refuse to answer the questions. Ill respond one last time to see if they answer.

...BH should just offer WKMG as a ala-carte channel. If it's just "pennies" wouldn't everyone pay it? ;)

Can't do it; WKMG wants their total payment irrespective of how BHN offers it on the cable, not as a $ collected passthrough to them.

I =really= think BHN should call their bluff and let WKMG de-authorize cable carry of the channel. I am absolutely sure they will back down, and I don't think it would hurt BHN hardly at all if they didn't...but it would never get that far. WKMG =needs= the cable viewers, trust me.

Can't do it; WKMG wants their total payment irrespective of how BHN offers it on the cable, not as a $ collected passthrough to them.

I =really= think BHN should call their bluff and let WKMG de-authorize cable carry of the channel. I am absolutely sure they will back down, and I don't think it would hurt BHN hardly at all if they didn't...but it would never get that far. WKMG =needs= the cable viewers, trust me.

And what happens after channel 2 and 9 do the same thing?

We're not communicating. They WON'T lose them because the OTA stations can't afford to lose the cable viewer numbers.

In short: They both need each other.

But, think about it this way: if Brighthouse pulls WKMG, WKMG will lose MOST of their audience. WKMG would no doubt go broke pretty quickly once they lost their ad $$$$.

Brighthouse might lose a few customers...but...so long as there isn't a huge mass-exit for the dish, brighthouse will be 'ok.'

It's a risk to both parties. And I just find it silly, since WKMG doesn't have much going for them. They will have a HARD time to get the masses to agree that they deserve a handout for all their "hard work." And by hard work, i mean having a crappy news station.

Then again, this is the same station that thought they could stretch a 4:3 picture to 16:9 and sell it as HD to everyone. Idiots.

Well WKMG.com just removed ALL references to their talks with Brighthouse from their website.

So either:
a) they are tired of the public backlash at them over taking this public

or

b) they have a new deal in place.

I'm sure brighthouse will be raising my cable rates next year either way =p

Well WKMG.com just removed ALL references to their talks with Brighthouse from their website.

So either:
a) they are tired of the public backlash at them over taking this public

or

b) they have a new deal in place.

I'm sure brighthouse will be raising my cable rates next year either way =p

according to hal bodekker at the sentinel, there were no new developments over the weekend.

BHN probably threatened to sue them for all the lies they had posted

cmon steven, i know you work for bhn, but are they being totally truthful? i think not. rule of thumb..........there are three sides to every story....your side, my side and the truth. i've contended from the start that they are both lying. ultimately, its the consumer who gets burned.

And you can tell the truth and be totally misleading at the same time...

"Contrary to all the allegations, I absolutely did not give a bribe to Mr. Smith." Unsaid: I gave it to his brother, the co-owner.

cmon steven, i know you work for bhn, but are they being totally truthful? i think not. rule of thumb..........there are three sides to every story....your side, my side and the truth. i've contended from the start that they are both lying. ultimately, its the consumer who gets burned.

I pasted the BHN site on here explaining the situation and I pasted the WKMG one. I did not find one inaccuracy in the BHN one, and no one else pointed out any. I pointed out several in the WKMG one. That were not just "fibbing" But flat out lying. I would not be surprised if BHN forced them to take them down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts