WKMG are idiots.

but steven, really hasn't the thought crossed your mind that once channels 2 and 9's contracts are set to expire, they'll demand the same thing? WKMG is being singled out. but they are the only channel in town with a contract about to expire.

Thats my worry if WKMG succeeds.. The others will try. If WKMG fails they may not.

I love how they are saying "Don't let Brighthouse pull the plug...." when brighthouse isn't doing ANYTHING here. WKMG are the ones who came in the a house full of demands...

Bright House is not going to turn off WKMG unless they force them to. BHN has no problem continuing to air the channel the way it is.

I'm wondering how much WKMG is asking for his channel monthly per subscriber, $0.05, $0.25, $.50, $1.00 or more?
Can any one know the answer?

:confused:

Hell, somebody give me a camera, and I could probably film a newscast from my parent's basement that would be more entertaining then half the crap WKMG puts on the air.... does Brighthouse want to pay me $100,000 a year too? :)

Thats my worry if WKMG succeeds.. The others will try. If WKMG fails they may not.

don't quote me on this but its my understanding that more and more local stations are asking for compensation when there contracts are up. i'm relatively sure i'm reading this more and more all the time.

That is true. And its scary :)

wow WKMG is desperate I was at the mall today they had a guy Darren Caudle running around trying to get people on their side and passing out his card. Im gonna email him and see what his response is.

most station's get a fair retransmission fee as they should. I was more suprised to read that none of the orlando stations are charing BHN at the moment, are they stupid or something?

most station's get a fair retransmission fee as they should. I was more suprised to read that none of the orlando stations are charing BHN at the moment, are they stupid or something?

that's because WKMG's contract is up. insiders say expect WESH and WFTV to pursue transmission fees once their contracts are up.

Let's see...the over the air people want me to pay (collected by the cable company) to receive their programming when it arrives over the cable even though it is free (paid for by their advertisers) over the air. Huh?

And as I said before, the cable delivery is EXTENDING THEIR REACH at no cost to them. And these "extra" viewers enable them to charge higher advertising rates. I wonder if BHN shouldn't be charging the OTA stations to deliver their signal to cable customers? Let them survive on their OTA signal. See how they like that.

Which brings up a question: does cable pay to carry the non_major_network programming, or do those sources pay to be on the cable?

the point is you're already paying to receive WKMG through brighthouse, try getting brighthouse to give you all those local channels the are retransmitting without out paying the broadcasters to you for free, you can't. You don't think the price of your cable bill simply adds up to the price all the channels charge brighthouse for do you? WKMG wants 1 penny for everysubscriber, yet if brighthouse were to in turn raise your cable bill a dollar, you'd say it's all WKMG's fault right?

I didn't follow all that at all. I'm sure I am "paying to receive WKMG through brighthouse," but only in the sense that I am paying to receive anything and everything on the cable. They have 'plant' to pay for, and O&M, and profit of course. One must consider those to be allocated to everything they carry. Yes, I pay for it. I pay for everything viewable on my cable.

Beyond that, I don't see how you can say I am already paying for it. There is no way to ascribe a specific cost to any channel in a package, unless it is a single channel in the priced package. Even in those cases, that added price is "on top of" other charges--and a portion of those other charges apply to the add-on as well.

Also, there are times that channels have been added and cable charges did not go up. Am I getting those for free? Of course not.

the point is you're already paying to receive WKMG through brighthouse, try getting brighthouse to give you all those local channels the are retransmitting without out paying the broadcasters to you for free, you can't. You don't think the price of your cable bill simply adds up to the price all the channels charge brighthouse for do you? WKMG wants 1 penny for everysubscriber, yet if brighthouse were to in turn raise your cable bill a dollar, you'd say it's all WKMG's fault right?

Your fee for the local service (20$/month) for basic which gives you all the locals and a few extra is not for the channels. Its for the service. Its so you can see those channels in crystal clear quality. No matter how far you are away from the towers. Its so you can have these on all the tvs in your house without having to put a big ugly antenna on your house. Your not paying to watch WKMG your paying to get the signal sent to your house via cable and not off air.

yes and since people want the channel through cable to get all that, wkmg is providing a service for brighthouse that they should receive compensation for.

I highly doubt their is people who buy BHN just for WKMG. And if they do they are idiots. An antenna would be cheaper. People buy Bright House becasue they can get much more. We have only about 30k or less customers on our "basic" plan which is only the locals and a couple other channels (about 20 channels) Most of those are retirees or just people with limited income. Some are satellite customers who want the locals BHN offers (a few more then some sat companies) The vast majority of BHNs 1million customers in the CFL area have The standard or above, and more and more are going digital. WKMG is but a blip on the map. When WKMG loses cable you will see their ad rates drop like a rock. Why? Because BHN brought WKMG more viewers which means they can charge more. The amount of people that will leave BHN in protest, vs the amount WKMG will lose in ad dollars will hurt WKMG far more then BHN. And on WKMGs website they even mention how BHN is owned by some huge company, and they got plenty of money. News flash WKMG is owned by a huge company to..

My only gripe with this is not that WKMG wants some money. They are a business its their right to ask for it. But that they are so blatantly lieing about the situation to its viewers, and have yet to answer any of the lies in my numerous emails to them,.

I just keep sending WKMG nasty email letters. They should look at the Brighthouse-FSN thing. Brighthouse is willing to put up a pretty good fight, so unless WKMG is REALLY willing to risk half their viewers.....

has to be a bluff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts