WMPT In Annapolis MD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
For the last few weeks this channel has been coming in much better for me in Northern Virginia and without any dropouts or pixelation. Is it using more power or has anything else changed?

I'm pretty sure the final power increase occurred right after the digital transition. Maybe something to do with the leaves on the trees around you.

I've had little trouble getting them with the 3 antennas I put up in Manassas & even Aldie since then. It's always been very strong here in north Arlington at my location.

I live in a valley and it has been tough for me---until now. I guess I will just enjoy it.

If you are anywhere near the beltway or closer, WMPT should be easy to get with the right antenna if mounted outside.

The outside antennas I have put up in Falls Church, Merrifield & Alexandria all get both WMPT & Baltimore's WMPB with no amplifier or rotator.

Again my problem is being in a valley. Many of my neighbors have much worse OTA reception. WRC comes in great. Interestingly it was problematic for many before the transition due to ghosting problems. High VHF Digital (7 & 9) which used to be great is now a problem for many and 22 and the Baltimore stations are only a rumor to many. And until recently you just could not rely on WMPT at all.

Personally I get all of the DC stations well with only an occasional drop out at 9. My Baltimore reception is limited to WBFF, WNUV, and WMAR but that is better than most----except the few that forego DC reception in favor of Baltimore. and I appreciate the advice but while I am not too far from some of the areas you mention reception here is much more difficult.

FWIW every database except TVFool shows WMPT at the lower power level but none indicate a scheduled date for the increase. I am just going to enjoy it. The change isa bit too dramatic to be attributable to leaves on the trees. I was just wondering if anyone else in the area was experiencing a similar jump in signal strength.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)