T.H.I.S. TV subchannel

Mike500

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Thiepval
THIS is available in Dallas in fact it is on it's second broadcaster originally 8-3 now on 33-3. I wish DISH would list programming in their guide I might want to record something on my 612. Definitely not RTV but for a free service I don't ignore it.

Neither DISH nor DirecTV is required to carry subchannels and they are bit leery of the bandwidth demands.

THIS is available in Dallas in fact it is on it's second broadcaster originally 8-3 now on 33-3. I wish DISH would list programming in their guide I might want to record something on my 612.
I recently went looking for a new subchannel in the Washington DC area, and I had to scan again to get it to show up at all. (Maybe you could add the RF channel alone; I didn't try that.) So, my point is, how do you know Dish doesn't have it in their guide already?

I use a standard Series 2 TiVo with an Artec converter box. It even works with my 211. It's always has a 2 week long guide.

I recently went looking for a new subchannel in the Washington DC area, and I had to scan again to get it to show up at all. (Maybe you could add the RF channel alone; I didn't try that.) So, my point is, how do you know Dish doesn't have it in their guide already?

You can get on station WDCW Channel 50.3 in Washington, DC.

My local NBC affiliate just got the T.H.I.S. Channel on 4.2 OTA

It's got a large list of good MGM and UA movies, as well as the eitire Highway Patrol, Outer Limits and Sea Hunt series.

Neither Dish or Direct carries it.

It's worth more than some of those channels that I pay for.

This TV Home - Hartford - WTIC A free, premium channel for your favorite Movies and TV shows

This TV - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We just got it in the Altoona area last month, and its an excellent channel. It has gotten much easier to cut the cord on pay tv with all these excellent subchannels. We have RTV, but another retro channel would be great. Abbott and Costello all day yesterday on This TV...... :)

Dish does have the listings for THIS in both the Cincinnati (19.2) and Dayton (45.2) markets. The only problem I have with THIS is....

and now these commercials
Sham-WOW
Boner pill
Drug commercial
Buy this product NOW GET IT NOW
1-800-GET A LAWYER
WATCH THESE GREAT PROGRAMS COMING UP ON THIS
This network has great programming

---all the interruptions ad the length of the interruptions. I find the channel unwatchable even via DVR.

We have it here in Minneapolis but what bothers me the channel (45.2) decided to make the channel (and I dont know the right term) but they made a SD channel fit like a HD would so you have the black bar hell 100% of the time (as its not HD)....why not leave it as 480i 4x3 like the master is? Why place a 4x3 pic on a 16x9 screen when there is no HD on it?

Griffin Communications moved ThisTV in the Tulsa market from KOTV 6.3 to it sister station KQCW's subchannel 19.2 yesterday, now I have to wait for Dish to play catch up and remap the listings to 19.2. You could at least look at 6.3 yesterday during the Abbott and Costello marathon for the listings but today the listings for 6.3 now show the new 24hr news loop they put on 6.3 and we get the infamous Digital Service on 19.2

E-mail Dishquality and tell them what happened in your market. Who knows. It may speed things up. We had a similar issue in the Dayton and Cinci markets with a ton of sub-channels moving around. Several weeks passed before I e-mailed them. Shortly after I got a response they weren't even aware of the change. And a few days later all but one of the sub-channels' listings were fixed.

Yep, I emailed them yesterday afternoon. I have gone that route before when we had channels switching to their final digital assignments. Hopefully they get to it quickly.

In DC we have not had THIS reporting correctly for some time. We either don't get DIGITAL SERVICE or the THIS TV guide info shows up in the slot for the same station's Antenna TV subchannel. Emailing DISH and sisussing it in the thread here devoted to taht have done nothing.