WNGS on 123W Galaxy 18

Status
Please reply by conversation.
My favorite westerns were Gunsmoke and Bonanza! There were a few other greats, a lot before my time when they were in the making, but I always enjoyed watching the re-runs on Sunday morning were The Lone Ranger and Hopalong Cassidy! Go Hoppy!

And, of course, Rawhide!

Radar

Gunsmoke and Bonanza here too! Another piece of trivia: Bonanza was designed to be a showcase for the wondrous, new technology known as Color TV! :D

"THIS" is getting better all the time!

I just watched Force 10 from Navarone on "This".

"This" is one of my favorite movies and is an all-time classic movie with Harrison Ford. "This" is the stuff that I want to watch!

I think the show coming on now is 12 Angry Men... Very great classic, too! Lot's of stars in this one, Henry Fonda and Jack Klugman, Lee J. Cobb and many others.

If "This" keeps up with their programming in "This" style, I can sell a lot of installs for FTA! The folks that I run around with, my crowd and age group would go nuts over "This"! They would eat it up just like me and be happy to pay for a motorized dish and all it's peripheral equipment.

Radar

Just thinking about this as I am watching "This" and Twelve Angry Men, I wonder if we as a group should do something to support and maintain channels like "This" on WNGS?

Does anyone know of how we, as a group, can provide support for these FTA channels and show them that we are backing them?

I think we should do this. I think that we can do this and that we can make a great difference for FTA.

Does anyone have any ideas or connections so that we can voice our opinions and have it heard by the creators, producers and managment of channels like "This"?

If any of you are interested, I would be glad to do everything that I can to work on this idea and perpetuate the notion further.

Anyone wish to join in? Would you be interested in creating some sort of a committee or a community group that would provide support and encouragement for FTA channels such as "THIS"?

If you are at all interested, please respond here and let us determine how much support there truly is.

Thanks to everyone,

Gordy (AcWxRadar)

"THIS" channel is not the only one out there, there are more that are deserving of our support.

Backwoods Montana mentioned in his post how to provide support for Montana PBS.

I think that this was a great notion and something that we should all adopt for all channels that we like. We can make a difference if we all group together and have a strong public voice.

I would appreciate any ideas from everyone here. If anyone has any good connections, we would appreciate your assistance greatly!

If nothing else, this will be a fun project and possibly bring us closer together as a community.

Well, I have to get back to my show, Twelve Angry Men... This is too good to pass up!

Gordy (AcWxRadar)

"THIS" channel is not the only one out there, there are more that are deserving of our support.

I think this is an excellent idea providing we are sure that the the station does not mind us watching or in some way that we are the intended audience, in the case of "THIS" TV it appears they are a new venture selling advertising based in audience numbers.

The question is how to prove X number of people are watching on their home satellite system, as we know most FTA systems are sold to the eye patch gang.

One possibility would be an online poll where FTA viewers could register what channels they watch, the only problem is finding enough prominent places to display the poll that a large enough numbers of people could "vote" to give a useful number that we could take to the industry.
What kind of number would make an advertising executive sit up and take notice?
Although it might be interesting to conduct a poll on this site to get an idea of the numbers.

Ahh Mary Ann!

attachment.php

Such a nice lady. The down home friendly lady she was on TV she was in real life. She was probably the friendliest celebrity I have ever met.

We just got ThisTV on one of our local off air channels and have been recording Mr Ed every morning.

I really miss the origional TVLand which was all classics (and I also love the Retromercials!)

I would give anything to have that channel back. Would some one please "Take me to TV Land" ?? :)

Ahh Mary Ann!

attachment.php

Such a nice lady. The down home friendly lady she was on TV she was in real life. She was probably the friendliest celebrity I have ever met.

We just got ThisTV on one of our local off air channels and have been recording Mr Ed every morning.

I really miss the origional TVLand which was all classics (and I also love the Retromercials!)

I would give anything to have that channel back. Would some one please "Take me to TV Land" ?? :)

Awesome, Scott!

Yeah, I really do miss the original TV Land programing, too! Too much garbage on there now. I refuse to watch it any more. The only good stations left are History, Biography, National Geographic, Science and maybe one or two others. As soon as they figure out that people are watching these channels, they will probably put junk on them too! They do that and I will cancel my entire subsrciption without a blink of an eye!

Sure great to see Dawn! Gosh she was quite an influence on my life! I wonder if she knows how many people she affected?

Radar

I will take RTN over "This". Seems more of a 70's - 80's movie channel.
Someone mentioned TV LAND, that station sure is not the same anymore. They seem to like there own "original" shows now.... winners like, The Cougar & High School Reunion. Gee, thanks TV LAND.:rolleyes:

I will take RTN over "This". Seems more of a 70's - 80's movie channel.
Someone mentioned TV LAND, that station sure is not the same anymore. They seem to like there own "original" shows now.... winners like, The Cougar & High School Reunion. Gee, thanks TV LAND.:rolleyes:

No, it is not the same anymore at all, TVLand went under. Nothing to watch there anymore.

What is it with these reality shows that have nothing to do with reality? Does anyone watch this junk? Not me, That is for sure!

Bring back MASH and Gilligan's Island and Little House on the Prairie and Gunsmoke and Bonanza and Quincy and WKRP and F-Troop, and Rawhide and Star Trek (the orignal series) and Scooby Doo!

There were tons of these good shows back then. There is nothing today! Nothing that I would want to watch! American Idol? Anyone else want a little bag to vomit in?

LOL

Radar

While we're on the subject of TV Land, I must voice a couple of observations/complaints. First of all, the reason people tune to a channel like TV Land is to ESCAPE the cr@p showing on the major networks these days. We don't want TV Land to adopt the same sort of programming we're trying to get away from (reality shows)!

And why are they axing more and more shows in order to run infomercials? Last I checked, I PAY to watch TV Land! :mad:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)