WNGS takes hiatus

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jcourt

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 5, 2007
Updated: 06/11/09 10:34 AM
RTV goes digital; WNGS takes hiatus

One digital TV station will be premiering and one analog TV station will be leaving the air temporarily Friday, the day of the nationwide digital conversion.
Channel 2 General Manager Jim Toellner said today that he plans to have the newly renamed RTV, the classic TV network formerly known as RTN, up and running on one of the station's digital channels on Friday.
RTV, which carries such programs as "The Rockford Files," "Magnum, P.I.," "Leave it to Beaver," "Wagon Train" and "Marcus Welby," will appear on digital channel Channel 2.3. It will not initially be carried on local cable, satellite services or Verizon's FiOS.
Meanwhile, WNGS-TV, where RTV was carried as RTN, has told Time Warner Cable that it will be ceasing broadcasting Friday but will return some time this summer after it completes its construction of its digital facility. The station is ceasing broadcasting because its analog signal won't operate Friday after the digital conversion starts.
WNGS primarily had been running a package of movies. TWC will keep WNGS on Channel 11 and allow it to run a crawl stating its plans. The station was recently sold by Equity Broadcasting to a religious broadcast group, Daystar Television Network.
-- Alan Pergament

RTV goes digital; WNGS takes hiatus : Latest Local News : The Buffalo News

Finally I have RTN or now RTV back on antenna. Had not gotten around to picking up another dish to try to get that all elusive Ku signal.
My Captain RTN figure sits back on top of my TV!!!
No WGRZ listings yet on Titan for RTV. (yes I know there is a titan list for the east feed thanks to Diamond Jim "The RTN East schedule is now available on TitanTV. Simply type in RTN and it will added to your list")

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts