WNGS/WBBZ on 61.5 and 129

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SatboyZ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 30, 2005
Recently looked in the guide and saw a bunch if stuff that I wanted to watch finally now that it has ME affiliation(reminded me of RTN/V of old). No signal until I figured out the receiver was trying to tune it in on the notorious SB13 that is very hard to get in my area (thanks to The List). My setup is a 1000.2 and 61.5 wing dish so that I can get the SD locals on 110 when I have problems with the 61.5 HD ones.

Anyways, after that ramble, can I (or Dish) force the receiver to look at 110 for this channel instead of 61.5? I disconnected 61.5 for now so I could watch Perry Mason this morning. I really wish that Dish would add these sub channels that are popping up on a national basis, like Ion.

Thanks,
Steve

Oops! meant to say 61.5 and 110 in the header

Last edited:
There is no way to make it look to a satellite for a specific channel. We had a thread on this, and I and others tried. The receiver looks at the lowest number satellite and works up. So it will start with 61.5, 72, 77, 110, 119, 129...... As you found, disconnecting 61.5 will work, just not convenient. Can you easily cover over the LNB for 61.5? If the signal is not present on 61.5 when a check switch is done, it will be picked up on another satellite. When snow covered my EA dish, channels would show up from the WA.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. Too bad the situation with SB13 won't change until the satellite is replaced (told this by DN) - the footprint is horrible for WNY.

I think I will buy a CM4228 antenna for locals and leave 61.5 off the list with only a WA 1000.2 dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)