WNGS YANKEES GAMES?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wcalifas831

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 30, 2007
CALIFORNIA
Does anyone know if they will have some of those Yankee games on since they have changed ownership? I will like to see some of those Yankees games this year.

They changed ownership? Thats news to me. Last I checked Equity owns it and the ABC in Buffalo ran it

They changed to ThisTV and as for the games the answer is "who knows"....they did carry Niagara college games after the switch but for baseball we have no idea.

21 games this year and 1st game is 4/14...guess we'll have to see :)

ok, mispoke

I guess I mispoke, you're right Iceberg. They just changed to ThisTv. Hopefully the Yankee games come out this year. It would be sad to miss thoese extra Yankee games they used to broadcast. We'll see what happens.

I guess I mispoke, you're right Iceberg. They just changed to ThisTv. Hopefully the Yankee games come out this year. It would be sad to miss thoese extra Yankee games they used to broadcast. We'll see what happens.

That will be the only Yankee Games us E* subs get unless they are on a national broadcast or playing one of other teams in my rsn dma (cleveland, pittburgh or mets).

Jim
Most of the games are on YES Network which Dish does not carry. Throw in the fact that the ESPN games (non-sunday) are also blacked out for the NY subs

So the only way for them to see Yankees is Fox, ESPN Sunday nights and WWOR games

Jim
Most of the games are on YES Network which Dish does not carry. Throw in the fact that the ESPN games (non-sunday) are also blacked out for the NY subs

So the only way for them to see Yankees is Fox, ESPN Sunday nights and WWOR games

Yep, and we can't even sub to mlb.tv for them, because they black out the yanks, mets, pittsburgh and cleveland on that. Then this makes no sense at all, they don't black out the Blue Jays games, and I am only 70 mins away from the Rogers Centre.

Can the Jays technically claim any part of the US??

From Wikipedia:

The Toronto Blue Jays' blackout territory includes all of Canada. However, they must share British Columbia and Alberta with the Seattle Mariners, Saskatchewan and Manitoba with the Minnesota Twins, and the Maritimes (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island) with the Boston Red Sox. In the past, the province of Quebec was not included in Toronto's territory, as it belonged to the Montreal Expos exclusively. Toronto and Montreal shared all territory outside of Ontario and Quebec, along with the aforementioned exceptions. Also, Blue Jays games were sometimes subject to blackout in areas near Detroit.

that was probably back during the CBC days when they carried a bunch of games but according to what you wrote the answer now is pretty much no.
(CBC doesnt carry any games this year)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)