WNNE off air in Burlington VT locals package.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

n1wbd

Silent Key - RIP 1/2/2012
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Grafton,NH
Does anyone happen to know why WNNE has been off the air for the last 2 days? Dish has a slate telling us don't call them and it would be back on the air as soon as possible.

WCFE ch 57 has the same slate on, but I know that's because their tower collapsed this past winter and is only on limited cable systems.

Anyone have any connections at WNNE that could maybe get the scoop?

Thanks
Bob

I don't know about the SD channel, but WNNE's digital station is on and has been on but the guide info says off air.

WNNE response

I sent an email to WNNE and this is the response.

On Sunday afternoon the ATM circuit that carries our WNNE signal to Dish Network experienced a failure.

There is a receiver that decodes the stream and breaks out our pretransmit signals for re-insertion on Dish.

That receiver died on us.

Unfortunately we cannot receive WNNE via “Over-The-Air” antenna in downtown Burlington where the facility is located, so we don’t have a backup ATM circuit for WNNE.

The replacement unit should be in today and our technician will be installing it.

With some luck, we will be back on Dish Network today.

Thanks for your patience.

Andrew E. Lombard

Director of Engineering

WPTZ/WNNE

Hearst-Argyle Television

(518) 561-5555 x560

(518) 572-2504 Cell

Thanks for posting the info. I tried emailing them and never got a response. I must have sent to the wrong address?

I sent an email to WNNE and this is the response.

On Sunday afternoon the ATM circuit that carries our WNNE signal to Dish Network experienced a failure.

There is a receiver that decodes the stream and breaks out our pretransmit signals for re-insertion on Dish.

That receiver died on us.

Unfortunately we cannot receive WNNE via “Over-The-Air” antenna in downtown Burlington where the facility is located, so we don’t have a backup ATM circuit for WNNE.

The replacement unit should be in today and our technician will be installing it.

With some luck, we will be back on Dish Network today.

Thanks for your patience.

Andrew E. Lombard

Director of Engineering

WPTZ/WNNE

Hearst-Argyle Television

(518) 561-5555 x560

(518) 572-2504 Cell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)