WNY Adding more HD in the coming month.

Islandguy43

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 24, 2006
Grand Island, NY
WNY (Buffalo Area) Adding more HD beginning Sept 15th

Effective 9/15/09 - Turner Classic Movies HD will be added on chl. 787 to the HD level of service of Digital Cable. HBO Signature HD will be added on chl. 811 for customers who subscribe to HBO and have HD service. The Movie Channel HD and The Movie Channel Xtra HD will be added on chl. 824 & 823 for customers who subscribe to The Movie Channel and have HD service.

Effective 9/16/09 - E! HD (chl. 746), Headline News HD (chl. 717) and MSG Plus HD (chl. 777) will be added to the HD level of service of Digital Cable. G4 HD will be added on chl. 767 for customers who subscribe to the Variety Tier level of Digital Cable and have HD service.

Effective 9/17/09 - QVC HD & Style HD will be added on chl. 714 & 763 to the HD level of service of Digital Cable. HBO Comedy HD & HBO Zone HD will be added on chl. 813 & 814 for customers who subscribe to HBO and have HD service.

Effective 9/22/09 – MSNBC HD & The Weather Channel HD will be added on chl. 718 & 756 to the HD level of service of Digital Cable. HBO2 HD will be added on chl. 810 for customers who subscribe to HBO and have HD service. Starz Comedy HD will be added on chl. 804 for customers who subscribe to Starz and have HD service. ThrillerMAX HD will be added on chl. 827 for customers who subscribe to Cinemax and have HD service.

Effective 9/23/09 – Oxygen HD will be added to the HD level of service of Digital Cable on chl. 765. HBO Family HD will be added on chl. 812 for customers who subscribe to HBO and have HD service. Showtime 2 HD (chl. 820), Showtime Showcase HD (chl. 821), Showtime Extreme HD (chl. 822) will be added for customers who subscribe to Showtime and have HD service. Starz Edge HD and Starz Kids & Family HD will be added on chl. 802 & 803 for customers who subscribe to Starz and have HD service.

Last edited:
TWC adding more HD

Turner Classic Movies HD on chl. 787, E! HD on chl. 746,
Headline News HD on chl. 717 and MSG Plus HD chl. 777, were all activated overnight.:)

We probably have a total of about 23 in my area.

Well, WNY will have close to 100 available after this launch is finished. I guess you have to be patient, but if they only had 25 hd channels I would be back at Dish or Directv.

Our system was an old adelphia system and the installer told me they basically had to rewire the entire system where I live. The majority of these HD channels have been added since the first of the year.

My son who lives in northen upstate new york has had close to 100 hd channels for over a year now with TWC.

Heh...thanks for the heads up...over a week later I read this. I have TWC and honestly didn't even realize they added them.

For the most part I have every channel I watch in HD already...never watch any of those save for the Weather Channel and MSNBC.

Heh...thanks for the heads up...over a week later I read this. I have TWC and honestly didn't even realize they added them.

For the most part I have every channel I watch in HD already...never watch any of those save for the Weather Channel and MSNBC.

I am interested in comparing their NHL Center Ice Package, with that of Dish's for the last 4 years. I understand there is gonna mosiac channel, which will show a number of games at the same time, and then just switch to the channel you want. Hopefully there will be a couple games every night in HD. I switched from Dish inorder to get the Sabres In HD and the Yankees.

No idea. Last year it was just one channel for one game per night. But they didn't even get that up until the latter part of the season. I'd assume they're going to try and get much more of it up for this one.

The MSG HD looks real nice. It's on channel 700 - all home games plus 6 away games this year. I think by 2012 their contract says all games need to be in HD.