Woke up to "searching for satellite"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Kat1994

Original poster
Mar 7, 2007
Hi,

This morning I work up to the "Searching for Satellite" signal on all three receivers. Everything was fine last night and we never had a signal problem before today.

Equipment and set up:

SWM 1 HR 21, 1 HR 22 and 1 standard

I did a red set reboot, unplugged (and plugged back in) all receivers and "black power strip", unplugged coax going into receiver (static?) and checked all inside connections. Directv won’t be here for about a week.

What could be the cause of going from strong signals to 0 transponder signals in about 5 hours?

Weather is sunny but cold 25 F - 5 LNB dish is on the roof with nothing blocking it (I have a clear view of the sky). Wind has been light all evening.

I am getting 0 transponder reading on all three receivers.

System installed in Sept of 08.

Trace the cable if possible to see if something happened to it... don't know how you are wired but if no ice and you can get on roof safely you could try another RG6, but kinda sounds like a LNB problem...

1 Cable from dish into splitter (located in basement) and then from splitter to receivers except for the living room HR22, that one goes into a black power converter and then to the receiver.

Dish is on the roof about 15 feet up. Don't have a ladder yet - Just moved.

Would an LNB failure affect all the satellites and all transponders giving me a 0 reading across the board?

Is it a splitter or a switch? does the power converter go to same? and is it powered? (With Dish sometimes a power converter reboot(unplug, give a few seconds) would fix the problem on my DPP44switch)

It looks like I have a grey splitter that the outside line is going into and then there is a powered black box by the main TV that the cable goes into and the another cable goes back out to the receiver. I did unplug that when I unplugged all three receivers. First thing I thought was the cat got behind the TV and "unplugged" the cable.

I'd start with the 1 cable that goes from the dish to the splitter - since all your units are out. Pull the connector on both ends and make sure there is no corrosion and that the white central core is seated properly in the connector.

If you had some water or moisture intrusion in the connector on the LNB this could have frozen, considering your temperature.

Good opportunity to meet your new neighbors and see who has a ladder.

Hi,

This morning I work up to the "Searching for Satellite" signal on all three receivers. Everything was fine last night and we never had a signal problem before today.

Equipment and set up:

SWM 1 HR 21, 1 HR 22 and 1 standard

I did a red set reboot, unplugged (and plugged back in) all receivers and "black power strip", unplugged coax going into receiver (static?) and checked all inside connections. Directv won’t be here for about a week.

What could be the cause of going from strong signals to 0 transponder signals in about 5 hours?

Weather is sunny but cold 25 F - 5 LNB dish is on the roof with nothing blocking it (I have a clear view of the sky). Wind has been light all evening.

I am getting 0 transponder reading on all three receivers.

System installed in Sept of 08.

We had the same exact thing happen to us on Wednesday night/Thursday morning. D tech was here today. The dish needed realignment. We've had D for about 15 years, 1 year with this HD dish and have never needed a realignment! Make sure that, if you have to wait a week, that you call them for a credit once you get signal back.

Well just finished with a service call and it turned out to be a bad LNB...I am up and running just in time for Thanksgiving.

no service in cold weather

I had directv installed dec 13th. The no service started on the 14th. In central Minnesota winter is really cold. It stops working when temps here hit zero, which is often. Lucky to get a few hours of service a day. I've been fighting with them about it and have had techs out, still not fixed. I honestly believe they don't care. Your stuck in a contract and stuck with what they give you.

I had directv installed dec 13th. The no service started on the 14th. In central Minnesota winter is really cold. It stops working when temps here hit zero, which is often. Lucky to get a few hours of service a day. I've been fighting with them about it and have had techs out, still not fixed. I honestly believe they don't care. Your stuck in a contract and stuck with what they give you.

I had that exact issue a couple of years back. A new LNB fixed it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)