Women's 2011 FIFA World Cup(Soccer)

I turned the channel to Fox News because I thought I heard yesterday that the defense rested in the Casey Anthony trial. Well guess what? Apparently not......so back to women's soccer for me.

I've watched every match thus far. I'm sort of surprised some of the usual haters haven't hijacked this thread yet. So let me throw up a few pre-emptive strikes. 0-0 games? There have been three (out of 164 matches so far) in the 20 year history of the WWC. Diving? Seldom happens in the women's game. Trying a get an opponent red-carded and ejected from the game? Only 13 red cards in those 164 matches and only three in the past three tournaments.

The WWC is one of the few sporting events that is simply fun to follow. It is not spoiled by drab tactics, poor sportsmanship, or big money.

Soccer for me is boring no matter if it is men or women. I want the U.S. to win, but I can't watch it.

I would love to see the stats on how many teams down a player have come back from being behind to win the game.

OK, who's watching the USA take on Japan in today's FINAL? I'm not a big fan of soccer, but I will certainly be watching after the British Open concludes. Our men's team may not be competitive, but the gals are picking up the slack and (my prediction) are going to bring one home for the U.S. :)

The games is on ESPN from 2-5pm EST.

Can a moderator "sticky" this thread so folks don't forget...

Definitely watching this one!
Pre-game countdown is currently on ESPN2.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Watched all of them so far this year. Won't be stopping today. Wish the world cup had been in Germany 2 years ago when I was there. Hopefully the ladies come out and dominate early and don't let up till the final whistle.

I almost never watch women's soccer, but the World Cup is a different story. I remember watching the final game in 1999... What a nail-biter that was! Hope, the US team can pull it off today once again!

riffjim4069 said:
USA 2 - Japan 0 :)

I think 2-1 or 3-1. I'll give one goal of honor to Japan. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)