Work around for 49% problem

heatho

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2004
This was posted by Nicko23 in another thread... it was kinda burried and I wanted to make sure that it got out there... this work around worked for me! :)

Nick said:
I live near Minneapolis and have the 49% problem on my digital cbs and kmsp. Cbs use to come in after about 2-5 seconds but lately just bounces up in the 80's for a second then back down to 49%. I was messing around with this for a while last night and after the error screen popped up I hit the "view tv" button to get back to the signal strenghth meter. Once it came up to just a blank screen with my signal meter @ 49%, I hit the "Info" button. and just left the info screen up about 5 seconds. I then hit the info button until the info screen was gone and presto, my signal was @ 85% and I had a nice picture of CSI Miami. I did this approximately 10 times. If I didn't do the combo above, I would just get the error screen popping up every 5 seconds as the signal strength bounced around. My kmsp digital station (9.1) has always just been a blank screen and my signal was @ 85% (no error message ever pops up). I tried the above trick, and presto, the picture popped up....

I assume we are talking about a station that is full power. In other words one that you can normally receiver off air and not one that it seems to be receiving that is at low power.

A little more info on this....Yes, the stations are getting full power. I knew this was a 811 problem when I went in to manually add the digital station, and when I entered the channel, the power meter was at 85% the whole time and green. when I went to tune it in, it just did the 49% and bounced up in the 80's once in a while, but never locked.

Sometimes, I have to do the little "trick" I posted above a bunch of times before the station actually appears

I got cha. I havent had many of the problems with the 811 so I was curious about this one. I only get one ota digital so my problem is only switching back to previous channel from ota to satellite.

I am just glad my only 49% station is one I never watch.
BTW I just go up a channel and back till I get a lock. Works as well and I don't have to wear my reading glasses ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)