Work around for 49% problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

heatho

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2004
This was posted by Nicko23 in another thread... it was kinda burried and I wanted to make sure that it got out there... this work around worked for me! :)

Nick said:
I live near Minneapolis and have the 49% problem on my digital cbs and kmsp. Cbs use to come in after about 2-5 seconds but lately just bounces up in the 80's for a second then back down to 49%. I was messing around with this for a while last night and after the error screen popped up I hit the "view tv" button to get back to the signal strenghth meter. Once it came up to just a blank screen with my signal meter @ 49%, I hit the "Info" button. and just left the info screen up about 5 seconds. I then hit the info button until the info screen was gone and presto, my signal was @ 85% and I had a nice picture of CSI Miami. I did this approximately 10 times. If I didn't do the combo above, I would just get the error screen popping up every 5 seconds as the signal strength bounced around. My kmsp digital station (9.1) has always just been a blank screen and my signal was @ 85% (no error message ever pops up). I tried the above trick, and presto, the picture popped up....

I assume we are talking about a station that is full power. In other words one that you can normally receiver off air and not one that it seems to be receiving that is at low power.

A little more info on this....Yes, the stations are getting full power. I knew this was a 811 problem when I went in to manually add the digital station, and when I entered the channel, the power meter was at 85% the whole time and green. when I went to tune it in, it just did the 49% and bounced up in the 80's once in a while, but never locked.

Sometimes, I have to do the little "trick" I posted above a bunch of times before the station actually appears

I got cha. I havent had many of the problems with the 811 so I was curious about this one. I only get one ota digital so my problem is only switching back to previous channel from ota to satellite.

I am just glad my only 49% station is one I never watch.
BTW I just go up a channel and back till I get a lock. Works as well and I don't have to wear my reading glasses ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts