The most popular problem i have with servers sometimes they forget utensils....lolOk done.
Here is the backstory...
Yesterday I started testing a new feature which optimizes our code served by our server. You might have noticed a little faster snap since this has been installed.
Some of the things this new feature does is as follows...
Since installing it yesterday things for me have felt a lot snappier, even though the past 24 hours all the thumbnails have been redone in the background. (They have been made larger.. as now by default when people on mobile devices now see those thumbnails when they see pictures, this speeds up the mobile experience greatly when using the site on a mobile device using a web browser.
- Minify & compress HTML, inline CSS and JS
- Change attachment full size images to responsive smaller copies for mobile devices!
- Preconnect external resources for less page load blocking
- Preload important resources, such as images, CSS or JS
- Preload core Xenforo resources
- Automatic or manual settings for various features
- Deep intelligent detection of page source assets
Today we were down for a few minutes as I was updating some back end stuff on the server.. and I fat fingered something. (doh!)
All Xenforo Addons are fully up to date as is our Xenforo forum software. All our backend server software is also 100% up to date. And all patches for everything are also up to date.
Other then my fat fingers screw up this morning, I am very... very happy with the speed of the site. The new software even sped up the speeds for those members seeing ads. So its a win win all around.
- Fixed more issues which could likely cause unlogged last post timestamps to show a Xenforo phrase instead. This error is still being monitored for further reports.
- Added an "Optimize" nav entry to the Admin left menu, below Setup -> Options
- Added various URLs to the entry on the Admin -> Addons list, including Xenforo.com support thread, FAQ, etc
- The addon will now require Xenforo 2.1.x+ to install
- Slight performance improvement tweaks
- Added numerous fixes for UI.X style:
- Backstretch images are now processed when the feature is enabled
- The core UI.X JS package is now pre-fetched
- Several template bugs
- Further tweaks to allow max minification options without breakage
- Added considerable support/testing for various third party addons:
- XenMedio 2 PRO
- Fixed a number of issues which would not pre-fetch third party media services (DailyMotion, etc)
- [AH] Discord Widget
- [AH] Gamer Profiles
- [AH] Twitter Widget
- [AnzahTools] Unread posts indicator
- [AP] Daily Goals
- [BP] Welcome Notice
- [cv6] NodeIcon
- [cXF] Add What's New beside Alerts tab
- [EAE] Roles
- [iCodes] Welcome Section
- [OzzMods] Attachments Plus
- [OzzModz] Avatar Gallery
- [OzzModz] Badges
- [OzzModz] Covers
- Data-preload attribute loaded for thread view page titles
- [OzzModz] Highlight User Participated Threads
- [OzzModz] Latest Content Live Updates
- [OzzModz] Most Ever Online
- [OzzModz] Thread Preview
- [OzzModz] XFRM File Extension And Size Display
- [OzzModz] XFRM: Price Filter
- [rellect] Favicon For Links
- [SC] Instagram Widget
- [TH] Featured Threads and Content
- [Wutime] Limited Guest Viewing
- [XTR] Featured Threads Slider
- Bespoke - Enhanced Bookmarks
- [TickTackk] Change Content Owner
- [Xon] Contact Us Thread
- DragonByte eCommerce
- DragonByte Member Map
- Pre-fetch Google APIs
- DragonByte Preview Last Post
- [Xon] Lazy Image Loader
- Siropu Shoutbox
- [Xon] Thread Reply Banner
- [Xon] User Activity
- [Xon] User Mentions Improvements
- [Xon] Who Replied