Working on the server

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Ok done.

Here is the backstory...

Yesterday I started testing a new feature which optimizes our code served by our server. You might have noticed a little faster snap since this has been installed.

Some of the things this new feature does is as follows...
  • Minify & compress HTML, inline CSS and JS
  • Change attachment full size images to responsive smaller copies for mobile devices!
  • Preconnect external resources for less page load blocking
  • Preload important resources, such as images, CSS or JS
  • Preload core Xenforo resources
  • Automatic or manual settings for various features
  • Deep intelligent detection of page source assets
Since installing it yesterday things for me have felt a lot snappier, even though the past 24 hours all the thumbnails have been redone in the background. (They have been made larger.. as now by default when people on mobile devices now see those thumbnails when they see pictures, this speeds up the mobile experience greatly when using the site on a mobile device using a web browser.

Today we were down for a few minutes as I was updating some back end stuff on the server.. and I fat fingered something. (doh!)

All Xenforo Addons are fully up to date as is our Xenforo forum software. All our backend server software is also 100% up to date. And all patches for everything are also up to date.

Other then my fat fingers screw up this morning, I am very... very happy with the speed of the site. The new software even sped up the speeds for those members seeing ads. So its a win win all around. :)

Ok done.

Here is the backstory...

Yesterday I started testing a new feature which optimizes our code served by our server. You might have noticed a little faster snap since this has been installed.

Some of the things this new feature does is as follows...
  • Minify & compress HTML, inline CSS and JS
  • Change attachment full size images to responsive smaller copies for mobile devices!
  • Preconnect external resources for less page load blocking
  • Preload important resources, such as images, CSS or JS
  • Preload core Xenforo resources
  • Automatic or manual settings for various features
  • Deep intelligent detection of page source assets
Since installing it yesterday things for me have felt a lot snappier, even though the past 24 hours all the thumbnails have been redone in the background. (They have been made larger.. as now by default when people on mobile devices now see those thumbnails when they see pictures, this speeds up the mobile experience greatly when using the site on a mobile device using a web browser.

Today we were down for a few minutes as I was updating some back end stuff on the server.. and I fat fingered something. (doh!)

All Xenforo Addons are fully up to date as is our Xenforo forum software. All our backend server software is also 100% up to date. And all patches for everything are also up to date.

Other then my fat fingers screw up this morning, I am very... very happy with the speed of the site. The new software even sped up the speeds for those members seeing ads. So its a win win all around. :)
The most popular problem i have with servers sometimes they forget utensils....lol:cool:

I will say since Scott’s efforts with the server that the site is much snappier on my IPad, even though the numbers on the bottom of the page aren’t that much different from before. Well done, Scott!
Well Done Win GIF

The numbers at the bottom of the page won't change, what has changed is the order of the stuff that is sent to you so that the site appears to load faster for you. Meaning everything loads on the screen almost instantly... while the stuff you are not seeing on the page off the screen is still loading.

Kind of neat how it all works. :D

Just a heads up I just loaded the latest version of the Optimizer. This latest version add optimization for many of the add ons we run to make the site run faster.

Here is a look at the changes in this update...

• Fixed more issues which could likely cause unlogged last post timestamps to show a Xenforo phrase instead. This error is still being monitored for further reports.
  • Added an "Optimize" nav entry to the Admin left menu, below Setup -> Options
  • Added various URLs to the entry on the Admin -> Addons list, including Xenforo.com support thread, FAQ, etc
  • The addon will now require Xenforo 2.1.x+ to install
  • Slight performance improvement tweaks
  • Added numerous fixes for UI.X style:
    • Backstretch images are now processed when the feature is enabled
    • The core UI.X JS package is now pre-fetched
    • Several template bugs
    • Further tweaks to allow max minification options without breakage
  • Added considerable support/testing for various third party addons:
    • XenMedio 2 PRO
      • Fixed a number of issues which would not pre-fetch third party media services (DailyMotion, etc)
    • [AH] Discord Widget
    • [AH] Gamer Profiles
    • [AH] Twitter Widget
    • [AnzahTools] Unread posts indicator
    • [AP] Daily Goals
    • [BP] Welcome Notice
    • [cv6] NodeIcon
    • [cXF] Add What's New beside Alerts tab
    • [EAE] Roles
    • [iCodes] Welcome Section
    • [OzzMods] Attachments Plus
    • [OzzModz] Avatar Gallery
    • [OzzModz] Badges
    • [OzzModz] Covers
      • Data-preload attribute loaded for thread view page titles
    • [OzzModz] Highlight User Participated Threads
    • [OzzModz] Latest Content Live Updates
    • [OzzModz] Most Ever Online
    • [OzzModz] Thread Preview
    • [OzzModz] XFRM File Extension And Size Display
    • [OzzModz] XFRM: Price Filter
    • [rellect] Favicon For Links
    • [SC] Instagram Widget
    • [TH] Featured Threads and Content
    • [Wutime] Limited Guest Viewing
    • [XTR] Featured Threads Slider
    • Bespoke - Enhanced Bookmarks
    • [TickTackk] Change Content Owner
    • [Xon] Contact Us Thread
    • DragonByte eCommerce
    • DragonByte Member Map
      • Pre-fetch Google APIs
    • DragonByte Preview Last Post
    • [Xon] Lazy Image Loader
    • s93/MediaSites
    • Siropu Shoutbox
    • [Xon] Thread Reply Banner
    • [Xon] User Activity
    • [Xon] User Mentions Improvements
    • [Xon] Who Replied

• Please let me know if you see anything strange, from this update. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)